1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Youri Tielemans

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Jordinho, 28 Jan 2019.

1. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Chris Armstrong

This is the whole crux of the issue, I think your Time line is messed up, it’s not this season, it’s 18 months ago, he’s been at Chelsea already a year now! Wanyama was pretty much our player of the previous season, Dembele and Dier were, well, Dembele and Dier! And Winks was just breaking through with some promising cameos. Whereas Barkley was being dropped from the Everton side.

I had come round to wanting us to sign Barkley for the price that was being quoted, but I wasn’t particularly bothered when he didn’t sign.

2. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Ian Walker

IN YOUR OPINION.

Not in mine. And, considering our complete lack of interest, not in Pochs/the clubs either.

r-u-s-x likes this.
  3. nayimfromthehalfwayline

I should say I was keen on Barkley signing, in a "I wonder what Poch could make of him?" kind of way.

But even then, it would have been as a project, not as an obvious starter.

Robbo and Gazza Dazzla like this.
  4. harr1984

harr1984 Steve Carr

Of course its in my opinion:D

Our complete lack of interest? We were linked with him - of course that doesnt mean we were genuinely interested but I dont see how you can decide our level of interest? Also even if there was a 'lack of interest' that doesnt mean Poch wouldnt necessarily consider a certain player an upgrade, us signing a player is one of the most complex criterias to meet at any club it seems.
    I'd be interested in what you think Lamela has done that would make him a better squad player than Shaqiri though.....

5. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Vedran Corluka

Poch would have improved Barkley, whether Barkley would have improved us is debatable.

6. nayimfromthehalfwayline

You stated it as fact, I just qualified it ;)

We made no bid, we werent in the running, we didnt compete with Liverpool - would "distinct lack of interest" or "only mild/passing interest" make you happier? Point remains we made no efforts to sign him. Liverpool had a free run (and have, incidentally, used him as a squad player only).

Lamela has proven his attitude, understanding and worth to the team. Ill be the first to admit I think he can do better, but I think its undeniable he has done well for us and Poch is clearly a fan.

r-u-s-x and harr1984 like this.
  7. harr1984

harr1984 Steve Carr

Often making a bid is the last part after agreeing terms with the player - its more than likely we knew of Liverpools interest and couldnt match wages or he just preferred to go there anyway so didnt make an offer. As for Lamela Ive always had a soft spot for him, but he always seems to be a nearly player. Looks like he's on the cusp of doing really good things, but all too often doesnt come off. He is the type of player in our squad who will end up being upgraded when we are ready to make a real fight for titles....

Pirate55 and Robspur12 like this.
  8. Ade's folks are ok really

Ade's folks are ok really Bobby Mimms

errr...Tielemans?

9. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Chris Perry

Who's he?

10. Gazza

Gazza Milija Aleksic

Fexemans brother … levys preferred option

SpurMeUp likes this.
  11. Pirate55

Pirate55 The Last Man Standing 17/18

I said to get , in your words , "someone better" doesn't fly. I listed how hard it is to get someone who meets all our criteria signed. And add to that the list of clubs that WONT sell to us. The mission is nigh on impossible.

12. nayimfromthehalfwayline

What exactly do you mean by "doesnt fly"?

That we should buy players who arent better/good enough/offer improvement? To what end?

Despite our squad issues, and almost strategic injury and absence issues, we are 3rd - only 2 points off second and a healthy 7 points ahead of 4th.

We arent really in a desperate situation of HAVING to strengthen NOW, as much as it would be nice to do so.

I am in full agreement with the idea we should only buy in players that will offer us improvement, it baffles me how/why you would think otherwise.

thfcsteff, milo and Gazza Dazzla like this.
  13. Rorschach

Rorschach Erik Thorstvedt

According to the SS news he's in Leicester and is about to sign on loan.

14. nayimfromthehalfwayline

With Silva going the other way?

15. Pirate55

Pirate55 The Last Man Standing 17/18

You apparently only want players who will take us to the next level. While that is fine in practice, given the realities of life where we find ourselves, that simply isn't going to happen. The best we can do at the moment is improve our squad players.

16. imcallingbullsh*t

imcallingbullsh*t Steven Caulker

Squad is full, Which of our players are you taking out for a player, who is deemed good enough for a Monaco side who are likely to get relegated, that pretty much nobody has ever identified as some kind of underrated break-out star, until a journalist linked us with him, and somebody created this thread?

17. billyiddo

billyiddo Paul Stewart Staff Member

Improving our squad players rather the the first team is why we find ourselves in the position of having a bloated squad and are finding it hard to shift them on.

That said Tielmens was highly regarded durng his time at Anderlecht and considered a top prospect (regarding the post above)

18. AdamB

AdamB Cecil Poynton

Buying crap players is why we’re having a problem moving players on!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Pirate55 likes this.
  19. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Colin Calderwood Staff Member

Aaaaaagreed.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

20. AdamB

AdamB Cecil Poynton

Tielemens for £20m seems like a very good deal from a risk/reward perspective. Goes to my point about us seeming to need to have to find the absolutely perfect player/price to act on anything

Pirate55 likes this.