• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Your Tottenham Squad for 22/23

Lilbaz

Tom Huddlestone
What would your squad be?

For me

Buy
Forster £0
Perisic £0
Kostic £20m
Bastoni £51m
Spence £20m
Baku £30m
SMS £55m
Eriksen £0
Dybala £0
Romero £44m

Sell
Golini £0
Reguillon £25m
Rodon £10m
Doherty £5m
Royal £15m
Winks £15m
Ndombele £20m
Lo celso £20m
Moura £15m

Spend £95m + signing on fees.

So for each position (some players can play more than one) not counting youngsters or loans would be.

Gk lloris, forster
Lwb sess, perisic, kostic
Lcb bastoni, davies
Cb dier, romero
Rcb romero, sanchez
Rwb Baku, spence
Cm bentancur, sms, hojbjerg, skipp, eriksen
Am eriksen, sms, dybala, kane
Lwf son, perisic, kostic
Rwf dybala, kulusevski, eriksen
Cf kane, dybala, son , perisic

Plenty of cover for each position. Maybe even get another cb.

Lloris Forster
Doherty Spence
Perisic Sessegnon
Romero Sanchez
Dier Rodon
Bastoni Davies
Bissouma Hojberg
Bentancur Skipp
Son Eriksen
Kane ???
Kulusevski ???

-----------------------------------Lloris(Johnstone)

-------------Romero(Sanchez)-Dier(Tanganga)-Bastoni(Davies)

Lamptey(Royal)-Bentancur(Hojbjerg)-Locatelli(Skipp)-Sessegnon(Reguilon)

------------ Kulusevski(Moura)-----------------Son(Dybala)

--------------------------------------Kane(Brereton)

Out: Carter-Vickers, Rodon, Doherty, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Winks, Bergwijn

6 in, 7 out. Zero net spend (due to 3 of the ins being free transfers)

-----------------------------------Lloris(Johnstone)

-------------Romero(Sanchez)-Dier(Tanganga)-Bastoni(Davies)

Lamptey(Royal)-Bentancur(Hojbjerg)-Locatelli(Skipp)-Sessegnon(Reguilon)

------------ Kulusevski(Moura)-----------------Son(Dybala)

--------------------------------------Kane(Brereton)

Out: Carter-Vickers, Rodon, Doherty, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Winks, Bergwijn

6 in, 7 out. Zero net spend (due to 3 of the ins being free transfers)

Looks like perisic and forster have basically agreed. Forster already had a medical, perisic this week.

Looks like perisic and forster have basically agreed. Forster already had a medical, perisic this week.

I tend to assume journalists know nothing or are being used as useful idiots to distract from our real business. So I don't bank on things like that till players properly sign for us (or someone else).

Even still - those two are pretty like for like for Dybala and Johnstone, just maybe not quite as good (hence why I'm still holding out that we're actually still working on the slightly better options).

I tend to assume journalists know nothing or are being used as useful idiots to distract from our real business. So I don't bank on things like that till players properly sign for us (or someone else).

Even still - those two are pretty like for like for Dybala and Johnstone, just maybe not quite as good (hence why I'm still holding out that we're actually still working on the slightly better options).

Dybala has played more on the right than left (can play anywhere though). I had them both, just sold moura. Perisic would be replacing reggie.

Dybala has played more on the right than left (can play anywhere though). I had them both, just sold moura. Perisic would be replacing reggie.

Cool - yeah, they are all quite versatile. In mine I'd expected Dybala to play anywhere across the front 3 as first back-up, with Moura dropping to 5th choice forward (replacing Bergwijn). Moura has talked a lot about doing one last season with us before going back to Brazil, so I'm sure he will stay.

I'd like to see Regullion after a Conte pre-season. The strides Sessegnon, Royal and Doherty made under him have been significant, and I think Regullion has the highest ceiling of the lot, bar maybe Sessengon. Perisic maybe a smart signing in that he'd directly replace Bergwijn, but also give Regullion and Sessegnon a bit of head room to grow into the deeper left sided role at their own speed.

That'll be frustrating if we do end up with perisic and Forster then, seeing as you know best and all.

FWIW imo Perisic is a vastly different kind of player to Dybala, and as such I don't see it as an either or situation with those two. Not just solely because of the free transfer aspect but adding Perisic, Dybala and Eriksen would give us incredibly good options and have us properly competitive in attack (+ an option for wingback on either flank in Ivan). If selling Bergwijn accommodates those moves I'm all for it, don't see Moura moving.

The clear risk with Dybala is injuries / wages but he could be a real astute signing, at the risk of sounding like a broken record this summer, if Conte / Paratici are all for it then so am I.

Cool - yeah, they are all quite versatile. In mine I'd expected Dybala to play anywhere across the front 3 as first back-up, with Moura dropping to 5th choice forward (replacing Bergwijn). Moura has talked a lot about doing one last season with us before going back to Brazil, so I'm sure he will stay.

I'd like to see Regullion after a Conte pre-season. The strides Sessegnon, Royal and Doherty made under him have been significant, and I think Regullion has the highest ceiling of the lot, bar maybe Sessengon. Perisic maybe a smart signing in that he'd directly replace Bergwijn, but also give Regullion and Sessegnon a bit of head room to grow into the deeper left sided role at their own speed.

You could be right.

GKs
Hugo and Forster
CBS
Romero
Dier
Davies
Sanchez
Bastoni
And another… not sure who yet
WBs
Sessegnon
Doherty
Perisic
Kostic
Royal
CMs
Skipp
Hojberg
Bentacur
SMS - doubt this but would be immense in our team
Forwards
Kane
Son
Kulu
Eriksen
Darwin Nunez
moura because no one will buy him now and he is a solid squad option
I think we may also go in for a younger more direct winger type

GKs
Hugo and Forster
CBS
Romero
Dier
Davies
Sanchez
Bastoni
WBs
Sessegnon
Doherty
Perisic
Kostic
Royal
CMs
Skipp
Hojberg
Bentacur
Forwards
Kane
Son
Kulu
Eriksen
Darwin Nunez

For me if we got Bastoni and Kostic, add Savic from Lazio as CM and then a Striker that would be me done, trim the rest of the fat and we would be sorted

GKs
Hugo and Forster
CBS
Romero
Dier
Davies
Sanchez
Bastoni
WBs
Sessegnon
Doherty
Perisic
Kostic
Royal
CMs
Skipp
Hojberg
Bentacur
Forwards
Kane
Son
Kulu
Eriksen
Darwin Nunez

Would nunez get enough game time? He'd be a starter in most teams. But with kane and son you can't. Unless he could play other positions across the front 3?

What would your squad be?

For me

Buy
Forster £0
Perisic £0
Kostic £20m
Bastoni £51m
Spence £20m
Baku £30m
SMS £55m
Eriksen £0
Dybala £0
Romero £44m

Sell
Golini £0
Reguillon £25m
Rodon £10m
Doherty £5m
Royal £15m
Winks £15m
Ndombele £20m
Lo celso £20m
Moura £15m

Spend £95m + signing on fees.

So for each position (some players can play more than one) not counting youngsters or loans would be.

Gk lloris, forster
Lwb sess, perisic, kostic
Lcb bastoni, davies
Cb dier, romero
Rcb romero, sanchez
Rwb Baku, spence
Cm bentancur, sms, hojbjerg, skipp, eriksen
Am eriksen, sms, dybala, kane
Lwf son, perisic, kostic
Rwf dybala, kulusevski, eriksen
Cf kane, dybala, son , perisic

Plenty of cover for each position. Maybe even get another cb.
Who the f.uck is sms?

Would nunez get enough game time? He'd be a starter in most teams. But with kane and son you can't. Unless he could play other positions across the front 3?

I've seen Nunez play wide left in a front 3. He's big, but he's very mobile too

Top player - would be excellent if we were to get him. Would largely depend IMO on who else comes in for him. Presumaby City wont be in for him given that have Haaland

Yeah he would IMO
He would alternate with son and Kane on the left and centre
He would also get sub chances too
Form what I saw last season he is as good as Haaland IMO. He has more to his game but is still very physical and quick. Also Uruguayan which means he is a bastard too

Back