• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Your Top ex-Spurs XI

THFC6061

Paul Robinson
Post your top ex-Spurs XI using only players who are currently active.

I'll start the ball rolling...

Paul Robinson (Blackburn Rovers)

Alan Hutton (Aston Villa) - Sebastien Bassong (Norwich City) - Ryan Nelsen (Queens Park Rangers) - Chris Gunter (Reading)

Michael Carrick (Manchester United) - Luka Modric (Real Madrid)

Rafael van der Vaart (SV Hamburg) - Kevin-Prince Boateng (AC Milan) - Steven Pienaar (Everton)

Dimitar Berbatov (Fulham)

Robinson

Corluka - Woodgate - Bassong - Rose (loan count?)

VdV - Carrick - Modric - Kranjcar

Berbatov - Keane

We've had some random LBs over recent years huh? Edman, Gilberto, LYP.. What about Ziegler, didn't he do well when he left for Italy? I can remember wanting him to make it for us at the time!

Gilberto? Please, no - he was dire.

Ziege's free kick alone should be enough to secure his status for at least a decade.

Last edited:
--------------Robinson---------------

Corluka---Woodgate---Bassong---Young-Pyo

----------Palacios------Modric-------

Malbranque-----Van Der Vaart-----Pienaar

-----------------Berbatov-----------

Subs; Pletikosa, Gardner, Carr, Davids, Carrick, Prince-Boateng, Keane

I picked Malbranque ahead of Kranjcar and KPB, so sue me. Steeeeeeed!

..........................Robinson.........................
.........Corluka....Woodgate....Bassong.........
..................Carrick........Davids...................
...van der Vaart........Modric..............Pieenar
....................Berbatov.........Keane..............

4-3-1-2 to shoehorn in some of the players, would concede loads obviously.

-------------Robbo-------------
Corluka-Woodgate-Nelsen-Ziegler
---Boateng-Carrick-Modric------
-------------VdV---------------
-------Berba----Keane----------

..........................Robinson.........................
.........Corluka....Woodgate....Bassong.........
..................Carrick........Davids...................
...van der Vaart........Modric..............Pieenar
....................Berbatov.........Keane..............

That is sex.

That is sex.

It would probably concede lots, but Pienaar has good work rate and his defensive work is very underrated (see Milan at the San Siro), he could quite easily help down the left, Bassong would cut out the left side, Corluka doing the same with the right side, with Davids or Carrick dropping to centre back when that does eventually happen, going forward though it'd be beautiful to see, the immense partnership of Keane/Berba and the fluidity of Modric/VDV behind them.

It would probably concede lots, but Pienaar has good work rate and his defensive work is very underrated (see Milan at the San Siro), he could quite easily help down the left, Bassong would cut out the left side, Corluka doing the same with the right side, with Davids or Carrick dropping to centre back when that does eventually happen, going forward though it'd be beautiful to see, the immense partnership of Keane/Berba and the fluidity of Modric/VDV behind them.

It actually irritates me quite a bit that we never got to see Modric and Berbatov together at Spurs.

cerny
corluka woodgate. bassong zigler
carric modric
taarabt malbranqe
berbatov keane

thought cerny did well for us when he stepped in for robbo.

Back