• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Your top 5 Spurs goals

All the obvious ones have been called already, just a few worthy mentions:

Kaboul v Villa 4-4 (125 anniversary game)
Keane v chelski 4-4 (bounced off the back of gallas I think)
Berbatov v Charlton (I think it was against them. He turned his defender on the half way line exquisitely)
Micky Dawson v chelski in the 2-1 win (the joy on his face was amazing)
Mido v wet spam (tight angle, was it his debut?)
Dembele v Villa or wet spam (defender is desperately trying to foul mousa but he just shrugs him off as he powers into the box)
Kane v scum (header a few years ago, not this season, whole lane went nuts)
Bale v scum (fk very early days in his to me with us)
Modric v Liverpool (top bins)

These aren't the wonder goals, but they were all significant goals

Aaah, happy days.

Without trawling through YouTube, the ones that stick in my mind (not in any particular order):

Greaves doing a John Barnes against ManUre
Gazza "He is, you know"
Hoddle's leaping volley
Hoddle's chip against ... er ... Watford? Managed to lob it in an area about the size of a shoe box.
Broadway Danny Rose's attempt to play it safe and stop an Arsenal breakaway :)

This is one of my favourites (the first one), and I was there. I think it is so underrated and is rarely mentioned when people talk about our great goals

Oh yes, it's fantastic. There's a vid where the whole move is shown. Great, great goal. Team goals are the best. I remember a goal Darren bent got wrongfully judged to be offside maybe 10 or 12 years ago, which was fantastic as well, against Villa. Not much was made of it after the match, and I could never find a replay of it, sadly, but it was one touch attacking football from back to front. Cambiasso vs Serbia in the wc 2006 another great example. Napoli scored an excellent team goal the other day as well.

Pack of old farts on this board .. five may be hard, but I'll try to keep it in this century

1. One of Bale's destruction of Milan runs in CL
2. Keane's run and dribble from corner post to goal (against Blackburn I think)
3. Dele's goal against Palace (has to be there)
4. Eriksen's free kick (was the one on far right of box that went into left corner with right footed kick, should be impossible)
5. Kane's hit against Scum from angle on left (one where he's wearing the face mask)
6. Team goal this season that everyone touched, then Eriksen buried at the end.

So many others in recent times with Bale, Berbatov, JD, Kean, VDV, Eriksen, Kane, Son.
The one off's with Rose, Bentley, Stalteri, Lennon, Pav, etc.

And Wanyama's hit this season also deserves an honorable mention

1: Hoddle at Vicarage Road. Before my time, but I've had plenty of chance to see it over the years.
2: Kane's face mask goal against the gooners.
3: Bale's volley against Stoke from the corner of the box.
4: Steven Carr vs UTD.
5: That volley from Hoddle against Forest. The technique is just something else.

Teddy’s curler away at Anfield in the QF of the fa cup.

Not my favourite but up there and I couldn’t see it mentioned yet.

Tottenham Vs Forest was my first match at The Lane. On the shelf as a 14 year old, I thought we were majestic that day, Hoddle in particular. First time I've seen the full highlights since Match of the day. Everard Ovenden!

I have always thought that Hoddle's goal at about 4:30 on the below was a quintessential Spurs goal, especially of that era --- showcasing the skill and technique of Archibald, Hazard and Hoddle:

Before my time, but loved watching that. Some great moves by us in attack, quick technical football, not really what I associate with football from the 80's. I reckon that team would hammer our 90's side pretty easily. Hoddle's goal was class!

Top 5 Goals seen live that I absolutely loved.

VDV at Anfield was pretty special and the only time I have been there we actually won.

Ginola vs United Worthington Cup 1999 at the Lane was decent.

Danny Rose vs Goons

Rebrov vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine outside of the boot. Loved the technique and thought he was gonna be a legend at the time.

Kanoute smash earlier on in this thread.

Ones that always stick in my memory for some reason are the 2 goals from Ginola and Anderton against Leeds in the F.A Cup 99. It might have been when i first started really getting into football and fell in love with Tottenham. I would have been 10 or 11.

So yeah them 2 goals, The kaboul away at Arsenal goal, Lamela's rabona and Bale at home against Chelsea where he first done the heart celebration.

Back