• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

your non-England 23 man World Cup squad

milo

Jack L. Jones
the same as the other thread but with better squad and a chance of winning

Neuer
Lloris
Courtois

Lahm
Zabaleta
Thiago Silva
Kompany
Vertonghen
Mertesacker
Marcelo

Busquets
Pirlo
Yaya
Modric
Schweinsteiger
Iniesta
Ozil
Ribery

Neymar
Ronaldo
Messi
Aguero
Suarez

Most definitely I'd say. Pirlo is my favourite footballer of all time, alongside Zidane.

Pirlo has not been better than Xavi in his whole career though surely? **** that's a really tough one actually. Both are little masters

Pirlo has not been better than Xavi in his whole career though surely? **** that's a really tough one actually. Both are little masters

Xavi has always been great, but he was never quite hailed as that STAR until Euro 2008. I don't know if it was just me, but I rarely heard Xavi get ANY praise before Spain started becoming the team to love in 2008. Pirlo obviously won the World Cup two years previous and bossed Europe with a very strong AC Milan team a few years before that too.

I've always admired Pirlo more as he is just much more adventurous than Xavi in terms of passing and set pieces. So much cooler as well in my opinion, from penalties, to free kicks. All really is a matter of opinion.

Xavi has always been great, but he was never quite hailed as that STAR until Euro 2008. I don't know if it was just me, but I rarely heard Xavi get ANY praise before Spain started becoming the team to love in 2008. Pirlo obviously won the World Cup two years previous and bossed Europe with a very strong AC Milan team a few years before that too.

I've always admired Pirlo more as he is just much more adventurous than Xavi in terms of passing and set pieces. So much cooler as well in my opinion, from penalties, to free kicks. All really is a matter of opinion.

Both were/are absolutely masterful players. Too hard to separate for me.

Actually yeah, ditch Ozil for Hazard, I'd completely blanked on him. Lots of great players missed out, I only did it quickly.

I meant other nations rather than a best of the rest but oh well

Can you give us an example? I don't get what you mean and you did start the thread afterall.

Actually yeah, ditch Ozil for Hazard, I'd completely blanked on him. Lots of great players missed out, I only did it quickly.

Can you give us an example? I don't get what you mean and you did start the thread afterall.

He means a nation, so pick Argentina and name their best 23 man squad.

Well I imagine he meant that if he didn't mean a best of the rest.

He means a nation, so pick Argentina and name their best 23 man squad.

Well I imagine he meant that if he didn't mean a best of the rest.

yeah. I'd intended the thread to give non-English posters a chance to talk about their teams but what the hell, let's go with the flow and go with the best of the rest.

Well I'd do my Italy squad:

Goalkeepers:

Buffon, Marchetti, Sirigu

Defenders:

Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli, di Sciglio, Abate, Astori, Maggio, Criscito

Midfielders:

Pirlo, de Rossi, Marchisio, Montolivo, Candreva, Cerci, Florenzi, Motta

Forwards:

Balotelli, Rossi, El Shaarawy, Osvaldo

Cesar, Jefferson, Victor

Thiago Silva, Dante, David Luiz, Marcelo, Alves, Marquinos, Maxwell,

Paulinho, Luis Gustavo, Ramires, Sandro, Lucas Moura, Hulk, Oscar, Hernanes, Bernard, Willian?

Neymar, Jo, Pato, (Fred?)

I'm sure it will be different.

Maybe there is still hope for Kaka, Lucas, Robinho, Ronaldinho

Team:

--------------Cesar--------------
Alves----Silva----Luiz---Marcelo
------Paulinho---Gustavo--------
--Hulk-----Oscar-----Neymar---
--------------Jo/Fred-------------

Can't see it straying from the Confeds cup team too much

Back