• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Your manager

Pards looked like a bus driver mate...you can still look shabby in a whistle, especially one from Asda!

tumblr_m8yx2e6JlW1qizx72o2_250.gif

He is one of those managers that lives every minute of the game on the touchline, wills every pass, celebrates every goal.

Its not a right or wrong situation, but I do prefer that more passionate approach compared to Harrys "sit on the bench looking like he had just been stuffed" approach

He is one of those managers that lives every minute of the game on the touchline, wills every pass, celebrates every goal.

Its not a right or wrong situation, but I do prefer that more passionate approach compared to Harrys "sit on the bench looking like he had just been stuffed" approach

Arry was much older - hard to knock him for that, to be fair. He did go mental during the 5:0 last season though - probably boosted by the good news on Rosie47

Plenty of older managers show as much enthusiasm/involvement.

Plenty show more than Harry.

I dont think its an age thing, I just think the way he goes through games is to sit on the bench and try to observe rather than mentally kick every ball.

Not saying one is right the other is wrong, just that my preference is a manager who shows more passion during the match

Think it could be useful for the manager to try and stay a bit calm and rational about things, rather than jumping up and down (MON). There's enough pressure to deal with without trying to induce a heart attack. Someone that takes the time to absorb the bigger picture of the match is more likely to be able to proactively influence things, rather than pre planned subs on 70 minutes.

I dont see why both cant be employed.

I think it can benefit the players to see the manager invested.

I think the manager can still watch a game while "living" it, and even if not - thats what he has a team of coaches for as well.

Redknapp was clearly a "watcher" and yet most often his subs were proactively influencing anything...

Plenty of older managers show as much enthusiasm/involvement.

Plenty show more than Harry.

I'm not denying that - although much like with every individual - we would have never had insight into his physical condition/state. He doesn't exactly look like Mr. Fit. I didn't agree with many of his choices but this particular aspect never bothered me personally. Although would have been nice to see him approach the touch-line more often when were in the bricker and attempted to 'excute' a change/command of sorts.

Back