• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Your love for spurs versus your love for football?

Lloris is to arrogant and error prone, feels like he is coasting to retirement.

Aurier not really going to bother going into.

Sanchez for the money we spent I expect someone who can tackle and header.

Toby I like but he should be the older head giving the younger guys his experience.

Dier I can not stand, thinks he is something he is not. Did not approve of him going into the stand either. How about just play football as well as you think you can.

Rose I absolutely loathe.

Davies, seems like a nice chap but reminds me of Dier in that he thinks he is better then he is. Meant to read the game tactically but I dont think he can.

Sissoko I actually like but should be a squad player.

Winks, was amazing when we beat Madrid at Wembley but for me he typifies spurs. He can do it but chooses not to. I find him the most frustrating player.

Moura infuriates me running into blind alleys. Love a bit of south American flare but he is not that.

Lamela as above.

Son, been a bit harsh on him because he is a good player but streaky as fcuk. The south Korean defoe.

Dele Mr lazy bones who wants to be a fashion designer and can only play in one distinct formation.

Kane. Good player, could easily turn into a sheringham but I lost all respect for him when he did that baby reveal.

Mourinho I dont hate him like some. But I do hate negative football. AVB was the same.

The stadium, just not keen on it. I miss WHL.

The fans. Tw*ts talking about who is playing clam for us (central attacking midfield)

fudge me. So you like Doherty, GLC, Ndombele, Hjobjerg, Tanganga, Bale, Reguilon. That it?

I love football and Spurs but I'm sickened by professional football and most of that is due to the over exposure on tv and media. Everyone is fixated on winning and little credit is given to playing well or enjoyment. Sky have made great strides forward with their screening of games but their presentation has focused on the success of 3 or 4 teams who can do no wrong and most other clubs are ignored or patronised.

fudge me. So you like Doherty, GLC, Ndombele, Hjobjerg, Tanganga, Bale, Reguilon. That it?

Pretty much the general gist of it.

The players and I assume it is the one good thing about having Mourinho here he will eventually need out the waste of spaces who coast like dele.

I get he likes hard working players but moura and lamela are such nearly men. They are like the average looking bird who if she could just lose a bit of weight and have a nose job could be a stunner. But they are to lazy to put the effort in to become a stunner.

I'm not trying to do the whole poor me thing. But I left school at 15 not great at reading and writing but through sheer hard work, proper graft I made a very good life for myself. When I see Lamela not prepared to kick with his right foot I want to switch off the tv. They are lazy and I dont respect them.

Kane does look like he works hard to be fair. I just dont like big time Charlie's. Well dont mind them if they have done something to deserve that status. Penalty top scoring in a world cup does not count.

Pretty much the general gist of it.

The players and I assume it is the one good thing about having Mourinho here he will eventually need out the waste of spaces who coast like dele.

I get he likes hard working players but moura and lamela are such nearly men. They are like the average looking bird who if she could just lose a bit of weight and have a nose job could be a stunner. But they are to lazy to put the effort in to become a stunner.

I'm not trying to do the whole poor me thing. But I left school at 15 not great at reading and writing but through sheer hard work, proper graft I made a very good life for myself. When I see Lamela not prepared to kick with his right foot I want to switch off the tv. They are lazy and I dont respect them.

Kane does look like he works hard to be fair. I just dont like big time Charlie's. Well dont mind them if they have done something to deserve that status. Penalty top scoring in a world cup does not count.

Personally, I think you're being harsh. It's unbelievably hard to make it as an elite footballer. These boys have given up a lot of stuff that normal kids/teenagers/young adults do in order to make it in the sport. You don't just become a pro-footballer just because you're talented. You don't make it in the Premier League when you're lazy. I've nothing but admiration for them on that front because I didn't have the talent or the dedication to do what they do in any field.

You're being harsh. Having a go at Lloris for being arrogant? I've never seen it. Not once. Davies for thinking he's something he's not? I've never seen it. He's always come across as level headed and hard working. Having a pop at Kane for the baby reveal? It wouldn't be my cup of tea but Kane is a lad who is so driven, has been very loyal to us and is a world class talent and you're slating him for what he probably thinks is a nice moment with his missus and daughters. Harsh.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion but your post reads as one that has a lot of prejudices and one that is not really grounded in reality.

Personally, I think you're being harsh. It's unbelievably hard to make it as an elite footballer. These boys have given up a lot of stuff that normal kids/teenagers/young adults do in order to make it in the sport. You don't just become a pro-footballer just because you're talented. You don't make it in the Premier League when you're lazy. I've nothing but admiration for them on that front because I didn't have the talent or the dedication to do what they do in any field.

You're being harsh. Having a go at Lloris for being arrogant? I've never seen it. Not once. Davies for thinking he's something he's not? I've never seen it. He's always come across as level headed and hard working. Having a pop at Kane for the baby reveal? It wouldn't be my cup of tea but Kane is a lad who is so driven, has been very loyal to us and is a world class talent and you're slating him for what he probably thinks is a nice moment with his missus and daughters. Harsh.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion but your post reads as one that has a lot of prejudices and one that is not really grounded in reality.

Well everyone's opinion is their reality so it is grounded in reality. Lamela has been pro for how many years he still cant kick with his right foot. Aurier appears to not know the rules for throw ins. Nope I dont like them. I just dont like them.

They are a little like my son when he was in the akward teenage phase. Love them but dont like them.

I still have to watch every second of every Spurs game.
But I don't watch as many other games as I would have 10 years ago.
Before I would have sat down and watched them. Now I'll have on the laptop on mute paying attention only if something interesting is happening.
I haven't watched a single bit of match of the day since the restart.
But I will passively listen to 20+ hours of football podcasts a week.

VAR I couldn't care less about. I didn't want it. Sometimes you the decision goes your way sometimes it doesn't. Same as before.
It only exists because ex players and manager find it easier to call out a ref's mistakes than players.
Clough had it right in the 70s with his rant to Motson that Match of the Day should stop showing so many refereeing decisions and how more football.
The handball law has always been a mess. I remember Danny Rose winning two identical red cards for hamming in crosses from the left into a defenders hands pre VAR.

Never been a football fan, I'll watch 15 mins of another match and get bored ..

Always been a Spurs fan

VAR, bricky decisions, idiot rules all make the game more frustrating .. but so has allowing money doping clubs to play in cheat mode (the problem is we are like idiots who think they are going to get rich, so we shouldn't tax the rich because "when" I get there I won't be taxed. Stupid fans don't mind it, if it's their club))

I watch every Spurs game, I build my life around my family, my work and then Spurs.

Not falling out of love yet but I think the joy of the Poch years still has me attached.

Spurs fan through and through, suffered the good and bad since the late 70's.

Have found myself falling ever more so out of love with football in general, everything is geared to Sky and big money. Gone are the days when you could watch football on TV without spending money on a channel you'll watch one game in ten on because Fulham vs Man Utd doesn't interest you.

Even the CL and EL have lost any interest from me, CL should be exactly that for the Champions and teams finishing 6th do not deserve to play in Europe but "Greed is Good" so anyone and everyone gets a European night out.

And finally, it started with Abramovich and the Emirates Marketing Project is the last in the current line of financially doped small team successes where if you spend spenmd spend you can win win win.

Was really never addicted to football as a young child it changed when i was asked to attend a trail game at City, from then on my interest in the game grew and it was all i did. Played for many years at good levels until i turned 45 when i had to quit because of so many injurys. I have since worked in football ( as a coach) and did so for decades. Always been a Spurs man and like most others i lived for match day and going to games, met many great people and still know many of them.

However i have lost a lot of interest in the game itself and very rarely watch other teams on the box, still a Spurs man though. The game itself is a shadow of what it once was, greedy players, bent chairman, ex players spouting crap on the box every game. From having played and coached for so long you get to see that most players are not the brightest of people yet here they are in our living rooms talking as they they know all the answers to everything.

Sad to say my love of the game is rapidly fading, i will ALWAYS love my club but i am not as excited about the game as i was once, i know friends who have packed in going to games over the last few years (and these guys used to go home and away). And to be honest i fully understand why they feel that way.

I know some will disagree but VAR is just another nail in the coffin for a lot of fans.

I can’t see my love for Spurs ever dissipating. It’s too deeply seeped in me. Apart from my own love for the club, it’s a link with my now-passed dad and a connection with my youngest nephew who comes to games with me and although he’s a young man now and I know it won’t last forever - yet I look forward to the days when he goes with his mates and hopefully in time carries on the legacy with children of his own. That’s how the true essence of any club survives.
It doesn’t matter what we do, how badly we play, I can say what I want about the team but I feel as defensive of my club in front of non-Spurs fans as I would about any close friend or family.
I probably watch more non-Spurs football now than I ever used to, usually as background and to pass time, but could take it or leave it when it’s not Spurs.
I love being in the crowd, the mass euphoria and the shared despair.

Yes it all feels a bit jaded sometimes with saturation coverage, with money being such a driving force, with rule changes and prima donnas and sycophantic commentators. It can be disheartening and frustrating and annoying - and then nights like tonight happen (not even that significant in the grand scheme of things) and the adrenalin races and you forget the things you don’t like and just revel in that feeling of happiness. That for me can’t be achieved from a generic love of football, it can only come through a genuine love of your club.

Further to my above comment about having things more important that Spurs in my life, I've just finished watching a recording of tonight's game having not known the result. Went out for our first in-person church meeting for six months.

But yeah, Spurs still means so much to me. I was getting wound up by Alan Smith's standard droning snide digs at us throughout the game, I was sitting on the edge for much of the second half awaiting the breakthrough, I had to control myself to stop from shouting and waking up the wife when blessed Erik scored.
And that shootout, set me trembling with nerves. But I love the feeling. And I enjoy this silly grin on my face at us having knocked Chelsea and smug Frank out of a cup.

I only (slightly) wish I was a betting man or I'd have lain money on Werner getting his first goal tonight.

VAR is killing my love for the game, I don't watch as much as I used to and I find the over analysing that comes with modern tech too clinical. If strikers never missed chances games would be 14-14 and if defenders never made mistakes it would be 0-0 and I just feel added with social media footballs become a more dislikable sport.

I'm have a huge anger about the lack of punishment for financial issues and racism too and hate the games blind eye for owners who are rich but murderers or a players proven racism because they might notch some goals.

My love for Spurs elevates above all that but I'm slowly leaving the game....

Been in love with football since i can remember, it has always had its issues but there seems more now than ever. Social media, SkySports, VAR, covid empty stadiums, the sheer cost of everything, from shirts to tickets, wages to transfer fees, is disgusting. Many modern players are hard to relate to, let alone respect, which gets worse as you get older. Even Messi seems disinterested in the beautiful game.

But,

Spurs still capture my heart, we’ve had an amazing ten years despite what the press and other fans say about winning trophies. That isn't all that football is about. Watching the team compete with the best in Europe, score truckloads of goals, develop homegrown players, is enough for me to want to watch every game (often at horrible hours due to the time difference). The new stadium, Kane, Bale, Son, Jose etc etc, we are lucky to have them all. Life has a funny habit of giving you what you look for, when you stop looking for it. Maybe we just try and appreciate being a top five team (fcuk the arsenal) and enjoy the trophy if or when it comes.

Back