• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Your local team

was back over in England last week to see mum (70th birthday surprise). I knew I couldn't get a Spurs game due to the stupid international week so thought I would go and watch Barnet play ........ then I was told it was 25 quid and they play in bloody Edgware now. No way was I going to do that, bit like watching Spurs at the Olympic Stadium, just doesn't feel right.

My mum still lives very near Underhill. Feel quite sad walking past the ground now. Had some great moments watching Barnet.

Whilst prices for football league and championship clubs are expensive it's worth remembering that without sky money and the rest of revenue available in the PL that the likes of Barnet, Bournemouth, Luton etc rely on gate receipts to break even every season. Levy could let everyone into WHL for free and it'd be a drop in the ocean.

I have gone to watch a few local teams over the years including orient, Watford, barnet and enfield town. The problem for me is that I'm spoilt on PL football and therefore always very underwhelmed watching the quality on display in the lower leagues.

Back