• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Your local team

El Guepardo

Rafael Van Der Vaart
How many of you regularly watch your local team? I exclude Tottenham from that list as I know that we all see us when we can.

I went to watch Eastleigh v Forest Green tonight. I enjoyed the game, a 2-2 draw, appreciated a lot of the football on display which, whilst not top level standard, was also not hoof ball style football either. The atmosphere was excellent, in part due to the fact that entry was free tonight; that said the atmosphere could have been quieter due to a lot of newcomers there for the free ticket.

The closeness to the pitch also improved the experience; the pitch looked a lot smaller than Premier League pitches and you could definitely see more of the action too. Plus, the pitch was excellent.

All round, I'm happy that I took advantage of the free ticket as it was an excellent experience. I'll definitely go again.

I live 1 mile from Colchester United's ground, reason I dont go and watch them is that the cheapest ticket is £26 and its league one

Ouch! I've just looked at ticket prices for Bournemouth and those are the same £26 price too!!

I'm moving there soon & had considered going to a few games..maybe not, at that price.

I'd rather watch non-league. Apparently an Eastleigh season ticket would have cost £120!! A bargain by comparison to the cost of season tickets for many league teams and I wonder what the difference in quality really is between top half of the conference & league one.

Ouch! I've just looked at ticket prices for Bournemouth and those are the same £26 price too!!

I'm moving there soon & had considered going to a few games..maybe not, at that price.

I'd rather watch non-league. Apparently an Eastleigh season ticket would have cost £120!! A bargain by comparison to the cost of season tickets for many league teams and I wonder what the difference in quality really is between top half of the conference & league one.

massive overall.

few players could make it, but its a real gulf in class. league two and conference is similar. but even the gulf between 1 and 2 is big.

I go to Tranmere games every so often, both home and away. I can still get in for under 16 if I have a shave on the day. If I had to pay full price I wouldn't bother. GHod bless my youthful looks. I couldn't get in to many bars until I was 18 but I'm still reaping the financial gains

Nearest lower division team for me would be Cambridge United in league 2, ticket price £16 - £20. Not going to pay that for L2.

That just seriously shows up the amount of money in football. I live in Northern Ireland and you can buy an Ulster Rugby season ticket for that price. You're watching full international standard Rugby with the top names in the sport week in week out for the same price it costs to watch Eastleigh on a Saturday.

Being from Northern Ireland means that my local club are pretty pants. They used to be in the top tier of the irish league but are no longer. I used to play for them, so that's a measure of how bad they are. Don't go to watch them very often.

That just seriously shows up the amount of money in football. I live in Northern Ireland and you can buy an Ulster Rugby season ticket for that price. You're watching full international standard Rugby with the top names in the sport week in week out for the same price it costs to watch Eastleigh on a Saturday.

Being from Northern Ireland means that my local club are pretty pants. They used to be in the top tier of the irish league but are no longer. I used to play for them, so that's a measure of how bad they are. Don't go to watch them very often.

That's extremely cheap for the Ulster ticket. I think that 23 home league games at an average of just over £5 per game is totally reasonable for an Eastleigh season ticket.

Cray Wanderers
Bromley
Dartford

i guess are the 3 biggest non league clubs near me, in fact CW were proposing to build a new stadium about a 10 minute walk from my house - if that ever goes through id probably go and watch them a few times a season. the other two, whilst being close aren't close enough for me to bother going, have seen them a few times though i guess.

Well I've been watching Bradford City a lot more recently and the last 2 season's have been brilliant for followers of the Bantams the club is definately on the up at last and those Wembley appearances are dreamland for a club like City.

Also knocked Leeds out the cup this season continuing their cup exploits which always goes down well in these parts!

Bradford Park Avenue are just round the corner from where I live too.

was back over in England last week to see mum (70th birthday surprise). I knew I couldn't get a Spurs game due to the stupid international week so thought I would go and watch Barnet play ........ then I was told it was 25 quid and they play in bloody Edgware now. No way was I going to do that, bit like watching Spurs at the Olympic Stadium, just doesn't feel right.

That's extremely cheap for the Ulster ticket. I think that 23 home league games at an average of just over £5 per game is totally reasonable for an Eastleigh season ticket.

Actually, having spoken to my mate who owns said season ticket it seems I'm talking sh*te. So before some other Ulster season ticket holder comes on here and calls me out it's £300 for an Uslter season ticket. No idea where I got £120 from!!!! As you were :lol:

was back over in England last week to see mum (70th birthday surprise). I knew I couldn't get a Spurs game due to the stupid international week so thought I would go and watch Barnet play ........ then I was told it was 25 quid and they play in bloody Edgware now. No way was I going to do that, bit like watching Spurs at the Olympic Stadium, just doesn't feel right.
£25?! Aren't Barnet in the Conference?

My local team, Rosenborg, have gone from being CL regulars to complete ****, riddled with internal conflicts. It's jobs for mates, who haven't a clue on how to run a football club or anything business related.

Ticket prices have skyrocketed, while the quality has plummeted. Probably been once in the last decade and that was only because the tickets were free. Can't even be bothered to watch them on tv. Considering that these are professional footballers, individuals paid to do nothing but practice football, they are incredibly bad at it.

The atmosphere has turned to **** as well. The "ultras" sing all game, but in an annoying and completely over the top kind over. Megaphones do not belong in a stadium. It feels like City and the Poznan, where they're importing parts of fan culture elsewhere. Non stop singing has no history in Norwegian football and all it does is stop the other 3 stands from taking part.

Then there's the ridiculously high expectations and local media always trying to stir up **** if they don't like how the coach is trying to get the team to play. There is only one acceptable tactic and that's the 4-3-3 style used in the 90s.

One piece of good news though: Lerkendal will host the 2016 UEFA super cup final. Might even try to get to that.

Many moons ago used to go down to the Vetch at Swansea,and stood on the North Bank with 3-4000 other hardy souls,proper Div3/4 football.......now a new staduim,with prospect of another tier being built taking the capacity up to 30,000, £45 a pop ticket and kits costing £50......hardly go now,still a spur though,no splitting from me.

They've even made a film of their rise in the last ten years now, A Jack to a King,at all good cinemas at the moment.

Back