• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Your favourite three Spurs players

El Guepardo

Rafael Van Der Vaart
Who are your favourite three players if our's? They can be your favourite for either what they do on the pitch, what they do off the pitch or a combination of both. I have an idea who the top three will be but let's see....

For me, it would have to be;

1. Sandro
2. Vertonghen
3. Paulinho

1. Sandro easily tops the list for me, been my favourite Spurs player for a few years now. Just seems a great person off the pitch, a real club joker so to speak as well as a damn good footballer. Seems to be a real gentleman and that's hard to find in modern football. Hope he ends up captaining this club one day, will end up being a Tottenham legend, easily.

2. Lennon for me. For me, he is Tottenham. He joined us at 17 years of age and didnt expect much (much like Spurs at the time), suddenly we turned into this team finishing in consecutive fifth place finishes with Lennon being a real prospect (much like us). Since then he's grown with the club and the club has grown. He's nearly been at the club an astonishing 10 years (I still remember him ripping apart Arsenal at Highbury!!) and I can see him ending his career here to be honest, I know he has some challenegs ahead with Townsend and Lamela in his position but I think he'll adapt and look to impress.

3. Vertonghen, the guy oozes class. I still remember when people on here were calling him slow and how he's an okay signing but he's only done it in the Dutch league etc when he first signed, oh how I love how he proved them all wrong, excellent debut season for us and I hope he can press on and get even better, just an outstanding footballer and defender, a real heir to the King.

Not thought about fave players in a while but I'll go with:

1. Vertonghen
2. Sandro
3. Eriksen

I don't normally get all gooey over new players but eriksen is the kind of player I like.

Genuinely not a single player I dislike, but if I had to choose 3 I'd be saddest to see leave.

1. Daws
2. Lennon
3. Walker (mainly cos he's such a work horse but never seems to get any appreciation)

Honourable mention to Benny as well, was probably my favourite til his banishment :(

All of 'em.

Michael Dawson could have earned himself a million pounds extra last year but chose to fight for his place. I like Holtby. And Sandro.

Last edited:
Right now?

1. Holtby - such an exceptional eye for a pass. Reminds me of the great John White
2. Eriksen - just a delight to watch
3. Lamela - okay he's still building up to Premiership match sharpness but you can already see his silky skills are going to dazzle for us

Look forward to the day when we can get away with playing all three together, Soldado up top and Paulinho and Sandro blockading the opposition in front of the back four.

Suddenly a lot of love for Holtby :)

He would be my fourth. Guess he has a great combination of ability, drive and a really positive attitude. With that combination he's beginning to fill a van der Vaart shaped hole in my affections

All of 'em.

Michael Dawson could have earned himself a million pounds extra last year but chose to fight for his place. I like Holtby. And Sandro.

I think that's important too.

There's actually none of our squad who I actively dislike at the moment (except my well-documented thoughts on Defoe), for either their attitude or chronic lack of ability.

In fact Naughton, Rose and Dembele are the only ones I'm a little meh on, and Chadli I need to see more of.

Back