• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Your favourite six pack

WookieD

Didier Zokora
Has to be Heineken... Look at those mini kegs, they're so wee and cute.

ylpki2pcc52c9h.jpg

That's technically Namibian / German :)

That's probably why I like it :D

I cannot believe that you have managed to take the worst beer in the whole of Europe (Carling Black Label) and start making it down there... THE HUMANITY!

I thought it's American?

Sells very well down here, many people like it - personally, I think it's terrible and gives me the worst hang-over of all beers.

Around 12 years ago it used to sell with a label on the can along the lines of 'America's lusty, lively beer'

Go figure

I didn't know Carling Black Label even still existed. Terrible beer, as a rule of thumb you can normally tell a pub sells terrible pints/doesn't look after their lines if they sell Carling.

ship and shovel?

Yup, I think that's the one. Its split in two parts at the top of the stairs from the passage under the station. They keep their beer very well and the Badger Bitter is one of the best balanced simple bitters. Fursty Ferret is nearly as good as its name.

good little pub, used to play darts there quite a bit, the landlord is a bit of a character (Mack I think his name is) beat me with a bull finish in 2 consecutive legs the fudger

Ferret is my favourite of the draught varieties, the bottled Golden Glory is the winner though

... the bottled Golden Glory is the winner though

Yes, very good. Doesn't it have some fruit (elderberry or citrus?) in it. I don't usually like these twists but it works in bottled Golden Glory. They have a seasonal draft one with citrus but I found that too overpowering.

P.S. Golden Glory ... GG ... made by Badger Brewery

Back