• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Your deadline day wishes

Yeah when I saw the line up I thought we were in for a tough evening. A glance at the bench had me even more concerned: we simply didn't have the options to change the game from the bench. Soldado would have been the only possibility, but two up top would have been inviting a landslide.

I thought we got hammered largely for the first half, but I was delighted that we basically got nasty and managed to see it through to half time. I was pleased with the commitment, and I hope that was the shape of things to come: when we're up against it taking on a genuinely better opponent, kicking and scratching, fouling our way back into contention is fine by me.

I had a sneaky suspicion that we were in with a real shout in the second half: city's momentum broken, best player off, but after the penalty it was a complete write-off. Still, I pleased with the genuine disappointment at conceding the fourth, and the way Sherwood was snarling on the touch line. I think he is a winner, and we might just develop a combative winning, battling mentality under him.

In summary - thoroughly beaten, hands largely tied due to a very debilitating injury list conspicuously overlooked by the media, but strangely - and rather paradoxically - positive signs for the reasons mentioned above. Also a result that has little to no bearing on our season.

Well its upsetting to see us on the end of another hammering!
I had great expectations this season...with **** slipping up I still had hopes we could challenge for the top spot..I'm a trifle optimistic admitted.
I hope your right about Sherwood. I would have tried to have bought Berbatov...World class player...no substitute for World class is there.

Like i said on another post ..Knowing what players to buy is a big part in developing a Team...and with the whole Planet to choose from I feel we should be doing better.
Yes we need commitment, agree 100%.we have been too soft as a club...However you stil still need the right players to do the job.

Roma left back who Baldini discovered in Brazil. Dnipro left sided forward who is going to be another Coutinho for Liverpool.

Coutinho is a massively overrated player, IMO. A lot of style, but not much substance. Still a young lad, but doesn't do enough for me.

Doesnt really matter our wishes are, none of them will be realised.

We wont be signing anyone in this window, in fact, wouldnt surprise me if we sold another fringe player, making another £10million profit in a transfer window to put towards the stadium.

Once again we'll fail to address the LB situation our leave ourselves a touch light upfront. Once again we will have failed to progess in Jan window, in fact selling Defoe and loaning Holtby I would say we have gone backwards.

Plus we all know Soldado or Adeabyor will pick up an injury tomorrow or next Sunday, thats nailed on

Doesnt really matter our wishes are, none of them will be realised.

We wont be signing anyone in this window, in fact, wouldnt surprise me if we sold another fringe player, making another £10million profit in a transfer window to put towards the stadium.

Once again we'll fail to address the LB situation our leave ourselves a touch light upfront. Once again we will have failed to progess in Jan window, in fact selling Defoe and loaning Holtby I would say we have gone backwards.

Plus we all know Soldado or Adeabyor will pick up an injury tomorrow or next Sunday, thats nailed on

I agree. Only Spurs can go backwards in a transfer window while their rivals strengthen. The great results under Tim (before City) could ultimately be our downfall as its given a false illusion that we are "ok" with what we've got. We most certainly are not.

Im worried.

I'm not too bothered if we don't get a striker as it will mean more of a chance for Lamela, who TS has said previously can play up front (albeit slightly behind).

But no new LB? ](*,)

I'm not too bothered if we don't get a striker as it will mean more of a chance for Lamela, who TS has said previously can play up front (albeit slightly behind).

But no new LB? ](*,)

This was priority #1 by a country mile for me. Not saying we had to buy, I would have been okay with a loan, with perhaps an option to buy.
As it happens the Rose ban got lifted, but he could just as easy get injured. Vertonghen when fit needs to be played in his best position, while Naughton and Fryers are just not good enough at LB

Is there still a chance of a Buttner loan or would that leave them short? Or even as GB mentioned, a Baldini favourite Dodo on loan with option to buy or something?

Or Benny back? SOMETHING!!?!

I agree with a previous poster, can't even remember if it was this thread or not, that said if we continue to play Vert at LB we are pretty much sealing his exit in the summer.

Coutinho is a massively overrated player, IMO. A lot of style, but not much substance. Still a young lad, but doesn't do enough for me.

Whattttt????? One of the best recent signings anywhere. Would walk into our team.

Well I have had a night to sleep on it all.

I was a bit disappointed last night that we hadnt brought in any new faces. There is a half-decent article on BBC Sport website regarding supposed winners and losers in the window, and now, looking back on it all, its nowhere the disaster I thought the Jan had been.

City didnt need anyone, Chelsea were always going buy a midfielder because they are short in that departrment :lol:
United did buy Mata and probably did the best business, but that was it when I think they really needed to strength their defence.
Arsenal only brought in Kallstrom, which is nowhere as bad as if they had bought Draxler
Liverpool fans should be the most disappointed. Had Salah snatched from them by Chelsea (not nice is it lads?) and sounds like they f#cked up the Konoplyanka deal.

Taking it all in, dont feel half as bad this morning, hopefully 3pts this afternoon for us, coupled with a couple of stalemates at Stoke today and WBA tomorrow and it will be happy days

I've always thought Kallstrom was a rolls Royce of a player, I'm sure he'll do something this season that ****es me off that they get the benefit of it.

I've always thought Kallstrom was a rolls Royce of a player, I'm sure he'll do something this season that ****es me off that they get the benefit of it.

Decent signing, cant dispute that, but I dont think he was the signing they needed, arguably has improved their midfield which was already good. Think Arsene has gambled though on not bringing in another forward

I think he's going for a Swiss Army knife approach with his offense, players like cazorla, Ozil, arteta and now kallstrom, they can operate from anywhere and carry a goal threat themselves

Whattttt????? One of the best recent signings anywhere. Would walk into our team.

Very talented, but also inconsistent and short on end product for now.

Would be in direct competition with Eriksen to "walk into our team" at the moment and I don't think he would. At the very least it would be close, I think Eriksen just about edges it.

Back