• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Your deadline day wishes

Have we ever had a window where we don't sign a single player (at least on loan)? I can't remember one in recent memory? I didn't expect much after our summer spending but still really surprising our lack of activity

Really hoping for a LB for cover and a striker but seeing as we haven't been linked seriously with anyone doesn't look likely. Berba deal looks dead and that looked our real shout.

See Huddy's post above.

DL doesn't even acknowledge deadline day, he only knows it as deadline hour.

LB loan in
Striker in (NOT Berbatov please)
Keep Capoue
CB loan in (if Kaboul showing signs of being the new Ledley)

Pretty PLEASE Daniel!

1) Don't sell Capoue (or Chadli, Soldado or Lamela)

2) Don't bring back Livermore

3) Baldini landing Dodo or Konoplyanka would be a massive bonus

it doesn't just close, it slams shut

:)

I can only see lower league clubs and clubs near the bottom of the league doing small deals and loans to be honest - think you can ignore the rest of today without realising you missed it.

1) get rid of some of the mediocrity clogging up the squad and establish a genuine pecking order, complete with defined tactics, and utilise what is at our disposal.
2) don't get rid of Lamela, and, y'know, actually play him. That would be like a new signing.
3) Recall BAE/get a left back from somewhere
4) don't spunk 20 million on a panic buy in an area we're already overcrowded in i.e wingers/forwards.
5) only ever buy players in positions we need who are either long term prospects happy with that role, or good enough to actually establish themselves in the first team.

Players included in point 1): Siggy, Chadli, Holtby (gone already), Capoue, Naughton, Defoe (already gone).

1) get rid of some of the mediocrity clogging up the squad and establish a genuine pecking order, complete with defined tactics, and utilise what is at our disposal.
2) don't get rid of Lamela, and, y'know, actually play him. That would be like a new signing.
3) Recall BAE/get a left back from somewhere
4) don't spunk 20 million on a panic buy in an area we're already overcrowded in i.e wingers/forwards.
5) only ever buy players in positions we need who are either long term prospects happy with that role, or good enough to actually establish themselves in the first team.

Players included in point 1): Siggy, Chadli, Holtby (gone already), Capoue, Naughton, Defoe (already gone).

Yeah...why is Lamela not being played?...Big mistake.

Whats your conclusion of Wednesdays performance Armchair....The Team picked looked far too weak to me!

Yeah...why is Lamela not being played?...Big mistake.

Whats your conclusion of Wednesdays performance Armchair....The Team picked looked far too weak to me!

Yeah when I saw the line up I thought we were in for a tough evening. A glance at the bench had me even more concerned: we simply didn't have the options to change the game from the bench. Soldado would have been the only possibility, but two up top would have been inviting a landslide.

I thought we got hammered largely for the first half, but I was delighted that we basically got nasty and managed to see it through to half time. I was pleased with the commitment, and I hope that was the shape of things to come: when we're up against it taking on a genuinely better opponent, kicking and scratching, fouling our way back into contention is fine by me.

I had a sneaky suspicion that we were in with a real shout in the second half: city's momentum broken, best player off, but after the penalty it was a complete write-off. Still, I pleased with the genuine disappointment at conceding the fourth, and the way Sherwood was snarling on the touch line. I think he is a winner, and we might just develop a combative winning, battling mentality under him.

In summary - thoroughly beaten, hands largely tied due to a very debilitating injury list conspicuously overlooked by the media, but strangely - and rather paradoxically - positive signs for the reasons mentioned above. Also a result that has little to no bearing on our season.

Back