• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Your controversial Spurs views

Well you're skipping some important parts there.

Our idiotic fans were BOOING him, our own player because he was having a poor game, I remember him trying the same through ball three times on the trot and failing. It might be reasonable to boo your own player when he's not trying, but it just wasn't working for him that particular night. Jol subbed him, fans booed him as he was walking off and he threw the shirt down(which was wrong) but the fans drove him out of the club, I'm guessing you were one of the geniuses to join in.

A similar thing happened with Eboue at Arsenal who got subbed off shortly after coming on, but he didn't throw his shirt to the ground, he started crying lol.

Got to agree with that

Taken as a singular "goal" then fair enough, but....That goal can still bring me to tears. Its the context! Ricky subbed and trudging off like a broken man in the previous game! Thinking he wouldn't get a game in the replay. He does and opens the scoring and then scores the winner, a.b.s.o.l.u.t.e.d.e.l.i.r.i.u.m! come on! :D

A similar thing happened with Eboue at Arsenal who got subbed off shortly after coming on, but he didn't throw his shirt to the ground, he started crying lol.

I actually felt sorry for him, booing your own players is pretty low. I remember our fans doing it to Atouba and it was just horrible.

I actually felt sorry for him, booing your own players is pretty low. I remember our fans doing it to Atouba and it was just horrible.

I think the only circumstances where it is acceptable is if the crowd feels that a player isn't trying or if they start fighting each other ala Dyer and Bowyer.

Ricky Villa's goal was overrated

In the context of the game, I don't think so. It is not just what he did, which was good enough but having the balls and ability to do it at that stage to win the trophy. The Steve McKenzie volley earlier in the game was pretty good too.....

I'd destroy you. In seconds. And you'd love it big boy.

Were you talking about slapping me with your ****? or your hands? I think we have different ideas here.

grrrr.

Stratford woulda been so easy - central line ALL the way down. ahhhhhhhhhhh

Were you talking about slapping me with your ****? or your hands? I think we have different ideas here.

grrrr.

Stratford woulda been so easy - central line ALL the way down. ahhhhhhhhhhh

Either or ha ha

fudge Stratford we love Tottenham and chick king!!

Let's see, most of them has been mentioned, I guess, but here goes nothing;

1. Villa's goal vs City. Terribly overrated, might've been impressive in his time and age, but it just looks daft to me.
2. Ginola was a bit overrated. I loved him, but never really understood why he's considered a legend - probably because all of our other players at the time were so brick.
3. Darren Anderton was brick - so fudging slow.
4. I quite liked Alan Hutton - at least for a while.
5. Chick King fudging sucks - haha!

No he didn't. That was Bill Nicholson, and the full quote was:

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

And again, we disagree, 'cos I for one think Nicholson was spot on. I love the fact we disagree, 'cos it means we're on topic for this thread! Although I'm finding it difficult to contribute any more than others are already chipping in with now.

Where's that head slapping smiley when you need it.

Let's see, most of them has been mentioned, I guess, but here goes nothing;

1. Villa's goal vs City. Terribly overrated, might've been impressive in his time and age, but it just looks daft to me.
2. Ginola was a bit overrated. I loved him, but never really understood why he's considered a legend - probably because all of our other players at the time were so brick.
3. Darren Anderton was brick - so fudging slow.
4. I quite liked Alan Hutton - at least for a while.
5. Chick King fudging sucks - haha!

See my post above yours :). Chick king rules. The two bald brothers who run it are quality fellas too!!

I greatly admire Huddlestone's passing range and technique, and think a well hit pass that opens the defence is such a fabulous thing to see, that mixed with his thunderbolt shots, make me forget any weaknesses that he may otherwise have. I'm really happy that he's likely to be back in squad for game v Saudi Sportswashing Machine :D

Well you're skipping some important parts there.

Our idiotic fans were BOOING him, our own player because he was having a poor game, I remember him trying the same through ball three times on the trot and failing. It might be reasonable to boo your own player when he's not trying, but it just wasn't working for him that particular night. Jol subbed him, fans booed him as he was walking off and he threw the shirt down(which was wrong) but the fans drove him out of the club, I'm guessing you were one of the geniuses to join in.

That's not how I remember it.

I only have one...

After reading this thread, its sad but true that most of our 'supporters' are arseholes.

Back