• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Your 3 favourite non-Spurs players ever

he's certainly in the envelope, cretinous scumbag, arrogant smug *******

pires and ljungberg as well, equally distasteful, and that Cnut of a keeper Lehman, he might have been worse actually as we was still arrogant despite being ****, all the others could at least play

I actually think Lehmann was a brilliant shot stopper, but then again most keepers are. It's the rest of their game that separates the good/OK ones from the great ones and he was bat**** crazy. Got some ridiculous bookings over the years. Would have been found out more if he had played for a **** team, it's only because he played in a great side that he got away with it.

Hated Pires too, utter cheat!

Not so fussed about Ljungberg, great finisher and always in the right place at the right time, but not an overly gifted player overall.

Hmm, didn't Zidane ruin it all for himself by headbutting Materazzi? I loved Zidane too, and I would have picked him in my top 3 until that moment.

Zidane did have a bit of a short fuse (had previous for headbutting whilst at Juve) but he said that the Italians insulted his mother who was in hospital at the time, which somewhat mitigates his extreme reaction on that occasion imo. And despite that, he still scored 2 goals in a World Cup final to lead his nation to their first ever title plus was voted the World' best player 3 times with 2 different clubs and played some of the most exquisite football I've ever seen.

Letchkov for beating the germans and being bald and a bit odd
Stoichkov for being a showman
Cantona for being well cantona

John Grieg, how we do with some one like that
Van basten
Dennis law

I've tried to pick for positions that we are struggling in just now.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

1. Messi (best player I've ever seen)
2. Cantona (coolest player I've ever seen)
3. Jay Jay Okocha (most entertaining player I've ever seen)

Last edited:
great choice! but more entertaining than ronaldinho at his peak?

I probably should have said ONE of the most entertaining players I've ever seen. I think I put him above Ronaldinho just because I remember him dancing around gooners and Roy Keane haha. Always loved watching him.

Ronaldinho could have made my list though, loved watching him.

Special mentions for Kinkladze and Le Tissier too.

How many of these players would make it into your all time top 11?
It's easy picking three, but to shoe-horn them into a line up is a bit harder.

(fat) ronaldo
Messi
Baresi

Zidane did have a bit of a short fuse (had previous for headbutting whilst at Juve) but he said that the Italians insulted his mother who was in hospital at the time, which somewhat mitigates his extreme reaction on that occasion imo. And despite that, he still scored 2 goals in a World Cup final to lead his nation to their first ever title plus was voted the World' best player 3 times with 2 different clubs and played some of the most exquisite football I've ever seen.

Materazzi denied that and even stated he lost his own mother when he was 15 so I doubt it's true. He obviously said something to him, I always thought Zidane asked him if he wanted his shirt, Materazzi replied by saying I'd prefer your sister. Dunno about you, but I've had worse insults and not managed to headbutt someone. There are ways you can get your own back without doing that, you just have to be careful. Leave one on them when you go in for a 50-50 by all means.

Back