• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Your 2013 Checklist

Anyone else doing the no booze thing?

Got a fridge full of beers left over from Xmas, and 3 bottles of excellent rum, one being Kraken black spiced. And I'm not touching a drop.
Also doing the diet, and trying desperately to stick to the wheat avoidence I'm supposed to do.

Got my op next monday (gallbladder removal) so got to go low fat diet anyway, so lets see what happens.

That's weird Crawley, I got a bottle of Kraken for Christmas. Lovely stuff. Consumed most of it on new years eve, saving the last bit for a rainy day. I'll have yours if you don't want it mate :) What are the other two?

That's weird Crawley, I got a bottle of Kraken for Christmas. Lovely stuff. Consumed most of it on new years eve, saving the last bit for a rainy day. I'll have yours if you don't want it mate :) What are the other two?

Got halfway through a bottle of Chairmans Reserve (St Lucia), finished a bottle of Capt Morgans spiced, and my old mum, bless her, won a bottle of Gingerbread Rum in a raffle. Tastes gorgeous.

My list is to

Get fit/lose weight and compete in the Wolf Run and Tough Mudder
Redecorate the living room/new sofa too
Invest in new TV (got my eye on Samsungs 8000 series 3D LED)
Book a holiday (not been abroad for 2yrs)
Get to some Spurs away games

Got halfway through a bottle of Chairmans Reserve (St Lucia), finished a bottle of Capt Morgans spiced, and my old mum, bless her, won a bottle of Gingerbread Rum in a raffle. Tastes gorgeous.

That is odd, Chairmans reserve is my favourite rum. Got recommended to me by a barman in one of my favourite pubs in Liverpool. Quality drink, just superb. You've got good taste in Rum, although I'm not too familiar with the Gingerbread stuff I'll take your word for it!

I'm not stopping drinking, but am attempting to drink less when I do drink, went a bit silly the last few times with amounts when usually I'm fairly good at pacing myself...

I got a bottle of Kraken fot Christmas too - not a rum fan in general, but I drank that neat most of Christmas.

Awesome bottle it comes in as well

103109_kraken_2.jpg

Anyone else doing the no booze thing?

Got a fridge full of beers left over from Xmas, and 3 bottles of excellent rum, one being Kraken black spiced. And I'm not touching a drop.
Also doing the diet, and trying desperately to stick to the wheat avoidence I'm supposed to do.

Got my op next monday (gallbladder removal) so got to go low fat diet anyway, so lets see what happens.

I am tryin to lose weight and alcohol is key in that process I think as I really dont like drinking calories (much calories) but I do love alcohol. Havent drunk since doing some absinthe about 5am on New Years Day. Although goin out tonite so most probably will drink - but I drink spirits so I guess less calorific.

Havent had a drink since xmas eve, me and booze have seriously fallen out now, couldnt tell you when im going to drink again

I had a falling out with some apple brandy on 23rd June 2012 and haven't drank since. It took me a week to recover and still can't face alcohol.

Saturday at the Lane is going to be a real test.

I think the last time I went to Spurs and didn't drink I was about 13

Here are mine so far, i'll add more to my list when I can think of anything...

Get a passport. Not Yet
Lose 4 stone in weight. Still the same
Sing at a karaoke in public. Not Yet
Play at least 10 rounds of golf. 0 so far

Nearly 3 months down, need a kick up the arse to get myself motivated. How's everyone else getting on?

Nearly 3 months down, need a kick up the arse to get myself motivated. How's everyone else getting on?

By 2014 I'll be another year older and shallower in debt. If I'm still in a job by then it will be an achievement.

My only resolution-y type thing will be to read the lord of the rings. Never really got round to it and it seems silly for someone who professes to love LOTR as much as I do to have not read it.

Got 90 pages left, am a very very slow reader at times.

Really enjoying it though

cut down on smoking quit 8)
cut down on bugle :-"
learn Spanish nope
exercise :ross:
pay off loans & credit card getting there
save 1k per month starting next month...

not too bad i guess, quit smoking and am eating a lot healthier so exercising will naturally follow im assuming :lol: (not that i need to lose weight or anything, just get in to shape really) finding it hard to motivate myself on the language front which is disappointing though

Last edited:
Save £1k a month? I save £300 a month and trust me that's hard enough you must have no commitments, debt or life!!!!?!??

2 out of 3, not bad :p

well in fairness, no commitments, minimal debt and in anticipation of going traveling i have a restricted social life.

a year or so of cutting back to just football and the odd big night here and there will be worth it when im in South America for 12 months +

Last edited:
- Take a vacation with the gf to a different continent (live in US) - Probably not gonna happen this year. Saving up now for a big occasion (see 3 lines below)
- Volunteer for local Food Bank at least twice - Not yet. Email sent today
- Take some sort of career-enhancing education - applied & interviewed for a new job. Waiting to see outcome first
- Not fudge up too much - well, I got engaged this past weekend....
- Keep playing competitive footie through my 40th birthday (next season) - still on track
- Drive my MGB as much as possible
- got engaged in the car... then it broke down

Go to the USA to do football coaching and get some contacts Still on course for this, Visa to be arranged soon
Get a full-time job doing something that I enjoy Not starting this until at least October as I have plans until then
Gain a stone of muscle over the course of the year (one pound per month is realistic) Nowhere near on course for this, I'm doing too much cardio atm
Start learning German Not started yet
Get a 2:1 in my degree On course for this
Have sex with a least 12 more women I'm on 1 more, but the summer should make up for that, haha

Back