• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Your 2013 Checklist

No one has answered my question on the bottom of page 1

tumblr_lga7da8hzU1qdufy3.gif

So, you get your badges and then this company UK International Soccer Camps just set up a few dates/weeks for you to go out there and coach? Seems quite easy tbh (after getting all the qualifications and badges etc.).. Sounds fun!
Yeah you attend a recruitment day to show that you can coach, have the right personality etc and you an answer as to whether you get the job within a few weeks. Then you have to pay towards your Visa, insurance etc. Once all that is done then they can confirm it for you and you can book flights to go out there!

That's awesome. I'm definitely going to do my badges this year then. Seeing as I blew it to become professional, I suppose I can try and become a coach!

I wish I had money in 2011 because if I did I would have probably got a scholarship to go to America and play football which would have been an absolute dream of mine to do. One of my former team mates done it and he now lives out there, works and is still playing football at a reasonably good level.

Getting your badge is easy all you need to do is pay the money, show up and as long as you don't kill yourself then you'll get a Level One. It's just to get people on the ladder really - the hard thing is getting the experience under your belt after your level one and working towards your level two and beyond. I really want to go as high as I can and it's all about the experience really. I struggled to get my point across to the people I coach at first as I was thinking through things far too quickly. Now I've learned to be a bit more patient and prepared, I'm not quite there yet but it's all building.

A few of you have mentioned giving up smoking, have any of you tried e-cigarettes? I stopped smoking 32 days ago after having bacterial pneumonia, really frightened me. I'm using a 10 motives cigarette that i bought in sainsburys. Its brilliant, doesn't feel like I've given up. Get a nicotine hit without breathing in all the crap.

Are they any good? Just stopped today but looking for something that's decent when I am out on the tiles! Do they actually taste like real ciggarettes?

Are they any good? Just stopped today but looking for something that's decent when I am out on the tiles! Do they actually taste like real ciggarettes?

Wow blast from the past Scotspur!

I quit cold turkey in May and found it so easy, in fact I wish it had been harder. Any how three months later I made the cardinal sin of thinking I could have " just the one" after a few beers...Oh how wrong was I!! Quitting tonight and this time for good and I know the pit falls now.

How you doing mate?

I'd also recommend Seattle if you're on the West coast.

Me too, I used to live there. Very chilled out.

My 2013 - nothing really planned, but need to get my knee sorted out again, carry on with the weight loss, and just hope that this year is a lot less rubbish than last year.

Wow blast from the past Scotspur!

I quit cold turkey in May and found it so easy, in fact I wish it had been harder. Any how three months later I made the cardinal sin of thinking I could have " just the one" after a few beers...Oh how wrong was I!! Quitting tonight and this time for good and I know the pit falls now.

How you doing mate?

Been there and done that unfortunately, stuck the patches on tonight and it seems ok just now.

Ah have I stole someone's old username? Been reading this forum for 5+ years and I thought I would finally dive in and join for once

Get promoted
Pay of credit card bill entirely
Lose 2 stone and maintain it
Go on 1 holiday to somewhere exotic that I haven't been to before

Yep I've been really amazed at how easy it has been. I've done cold turkey, patches, gum etc but have always failed. I keep the e cig on me and have a puff when needed. I'd eventually like to stop using them but currently not too worried as i'm not breathing in all the crap and I shall just do things in my own time. Several makes on the market and probably all as good as each other and it is so much cheaper than buying fags/baccy.
I know several people who have quit using them so I can highly recommend them. With patches you get a slow release into the body but with e cigs you get an instant nicotine hit when you need it and they do taste very similar to proper fags

Been there and done that unfortunately, stuck the patches on tonight and it seems ok just now.

Ah have I stole someone's old username? Been reading this forum for 5+ years and I thought I would finally dive in and join for once

Not stolen mate, not sure what happened to the original Scotspur. Not seen him on here for years.

In no particular order

Release my own EP of instrumental stuff arranged on Bass guitar
Learn to play the song Emperyal by Sylosis on Guitar
Get to more Spurs games now that I'm living in England

And that's pretty much the lot

Go to the USA to do football coaching and get some contacts (in progress)
Get a full-time job doing something that I enjoy
Gain a stone of muscle over the course of the year (one pound per month is realistic)
Start learning German
Get a 2:1 in my degree
Have sex with a least 12 more women

PLJ, I take it you're in the last year of your degree then? I'm also at my last year at uni, feeling a mixture of excitement, nervousness and sadness about leaving uni.

Although it's been the best 3 years of my life, I am quite excited to move onwards and upwards, but very unsure what to do. Dunno whether I want to go straight into finding a job, or have a gap year and go travelling, seeing as I didn't take one before uni.

Sounds like you've got stuff all pretty much planned out though, so good effort on that front. How long you planning on going to the US for?

PLJ, I take it you're in the last year of your degree then? I'm also at my last year at uni, feeling a mixture of excitement, nervousness and sadness about leaving uni.

Although it's been the best 3 years of my life, I am quite excited to move onwards and upwards, but very unsure what to do. Dunno whether I want to go straight into finding a job, or have a gap year and go travelling, seeing as I didn't take one before uni.

Sounds like you've got stuff all pretty much planned out though, so good effort on that front. How long you planning on going to the US for?
Same here mate, to be honest I'm sort of looking forward to moving on as well. Uni is all well and good but I really want to earn some money and see where life is going to take me - we can't be students forever! I'm know roughly what I want to do but not completely sure yet, once I come back from the U.S. then I may either have a job lined up or I may have to continue looking for one (I'm going to look for something as soon as I finish University, with a view to moving into the position from November onwards).

I'm off to the U.S. for four months minimum mate. I could get a contract extension if I perform well, or who knows get a job offer out there? Provided that I don't already have a job lined up for when I return to the U.K. I might try and see if I can stay out there for a bit to do some work with the company.

Same here mate, to be honest I'm sort of looking forward to moving on as well. Uni is all well and good but I really want to earn some money and see where life is going to take me - we can't be students forever! I'm know roughly what I want to do but not completely sure yet, once I come back from the U.S. then I may either have a job lined up or I may have to continue looking for one (I'm going to look for something as soon as I finish University, with a view to moving into the position from November onwards).

I'm off to the U.S. for four months minimum mate. I could get a contract extension if I perform well, or who knows get a job offer out there? Provided that I don't already have a job lined up for when I return to the U.K. I might try and see if I can stay out there for a bit to do some work with the company.

Yeah exactly, I definitely feel about ready to move on. Thinking I may try to get a job sorted for around November as well and travel and stuff this summer, rather than having a whole year of it.

One thing I really know I can't do for my own sanity is move back in with the parents. I can't think of anything worse than, having had the amazing student life I've had, going back home on a permanent basis. It's nice over xmas etc, seeing old mates and all, but it drives you mad being in the house after a while, so that's a big motivation to get off my arse and get job hunting.

Back