• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Your 2013 Checklist

1 - Remain single
2 - Pack the fags in again!
3 - Maintain my fitness levels
4 - Progress in work

The west coast mate. I start off in Cali and will be working my way down and going to some adjacent States. I'm not particularly sure where yet as the plan hasn't been given and it's quite flexible. Really looking forward to it! Gonna start off in San Fran and spend a few days there or by L.A. before my contract starts

Just PM'd you

A few of you have mentioned giving up smoking, have any of you tried e-cigarettes? I stopped smoking 32 days ago after having bacterial pneumonia, really frightened me. I'm using a 10 motives cigarette that i bought in sainsburys. Its brilliant, doesn't feel like I've given up. Get a nicotine hit without breathing in all the crap.

1) Achieve fluency in German, something I've been trying to do for two years now.
2) Pay off half my student debt.
3) Take my GMAT tests.
4) Continue going to the gym as often as I've been doing recently.
5) Stop letting Spurs ruin my weekend when we lose (a pledge I've been trying to fulfill for six years now). :p

I have done the west coast - 2005. Was awesome - we hired an A Team van (white though) and went from SF to Vegas then LA (brick seriously brick) then San Diego (awesome fudgein awesome). You will have a tonne of fun. So Go SF - brilliant place - one of my top five cities in the world.

Anyways happy new year.
I've been to San Fran with family when I was young, I loved it and it seemed like a great City! From what I've heard, L.A. is brick, very overrated! I haven't been, but I assume that it's very much rich and poor? i.e. Beverly Hills etc very nice and other places (south central etc) very poor?

Happy new year mate!

I've been to San Fran with family when I was young, I loved it and it seemed like a great City! From what I've heard, L.A. is brick, very overrated! I haven't been, but I assume that it's very much rich and poor? i.e. Beverly Hills etc very nice and other places (south central etc) very poor?

Happy new year mate!

LA is just an overpolluted waste of space. Its a vast area so to go from one place to another you gotta take a fudgein plane quicker than any cab.

I say brick because there isn't much - yeah there are a few nice bars some great bars on hotel rooftops etc and some of the girls are hot but all pretentious. But the people are less than friendly - just wasn't a nice experience.

San Diego is the polar opposite - just a chilled out area with great vibrant nightlife and great people.

LA is just an overpolluted waste of space. Its a vast area so to go from one place to another you gotta take a fudgein plane quicker than any cab.

I say brick because there isn't much - yeah there are a few nice bars some great bars on hotel rooftops etc and some of the girls are hot but all pretentious. But the people are less than friendly - just wasn't a nice experience.

San Diego is the polar opposite - just a chilled out area with great vibrant nightlife and great people.
Spent a bit of time in San Diego. Fantastic city. Looking to go back this year, possibly tying it in with Coachella. I'd also recommend Seattle if you're on the West coast.

LA is indeed brick. Venice beach is worth a wander round I suppose, but wouldn't waste more than a day there.

^
Coachella was awesome when i went a few years back - highly reccomended.

Don't camp though. . .

Here's a chance to list all the things you want to do or achieve over the next 12 months. Then in a year from now you can give yourself a pat on the back or a kick up the arse depending on how well you did.

Here are mine so far, i'll add more to my list when I can think of anything...

Get a passport.
You are saying you don't have a passport. That means you have never lelt home - SAD
Lose 4 stone in weight.
What is your weight now. Or BMI
Sing at a karaoke in public.
OK if you want to. Hope you have a good voice
Play at least 10 rounds of golf.
I never understood golf. I mean you have the ball in your hand, put it down and hit it. Then you walk all the way to find it.
Anyway good luck. COYs
They can be as serious or as silly as you like.

I am sure these will be mostly silly. People are just recovering from last night

go to the usa to do football coaching and get some contacts (in progress)
get a full-time job doing something that i enjoy
gain a stone of muscle over the course of the year (one pound per month is realistic)
start learning german
get a 2:1 in my degree
have sex with a least 12 more women
i like that . Go for it

Agree 100%. Orlando is also good if you know where to go

1) Get a new job
2) Lose weight - around four stone.
3) Save a bit more cash
4) Get a new car - maybe an Alfa Spider 3.2 again - love it.
5) An Act of Random Kindness each day
6) Each day write a note saying noting down one good thing that had happened then looking back at it at end of the year so I can appreciate that my life wasnt actually that bad during that year.

I am sure these will be mostly silly. People are just recovering from last night

27 and no passport, very sad I know.

Currently 17 stone so i'm guessing my BMI is through the roof.

Can't sing for brick but it's the last thing people would expect me to do.

Not played golf since November 2010 so need to get back into it.

I don't do NY resolutions or check lists - because I can never stick to them.

So for me:
- Continue smoking
- Continue Drinking
- Continue cooking and eating healthy fresh food
- Continue to travel ( to places I have already been to and like )This year it will be Turkey, Australia, Singapore and one of Seychelles or Maldives.
- Plan a trip to China - one of the only place I have not been to.

Life is too short. Make the best of it.

27 and no passport, very sad i know.

currently 17 stone so i'm guessing my bmi is through the roof.

that is what 238 pounds. That is heavy. But it depends on your height and bone structure.
I am 6 ft tall with big bones. I was 240 pounds a few years ago.
My " fighting weight " is 190 pounds. I achieved that in a year by just eating healthy. Still drink the same etc.
Just get rid of junk foods and you will be ok.
I started eating a lot of salads with every meal, with my own salad dressing. The commercial ones are bad
i still eat the same amount of meat - except i take the fat of the steaks and skin off the chicken.
I stopped the chips and eat either baked or roast potatoes.

Not played golf since november 2010 so need to get back into it.

happy new year

1. Have a 6 month+ relationship - I'm not one of the guys that wants to sleep with regular woman after woman, why? I've had those days, now I want something more solid, something that might actually go somewhere
2. Land a job more appropriate to my skillset, try to build up experience in relevant areas and understand more fully how to answer competency questions
3. Learn a different language, at the moment I'd like to learn how to speak German
4. When attending my brother's wedding, ensure that I give him a day to remember by ensuring that I do all the things that a brother should do for his brother on his Wedding Day and this will include staying fairly sober to keep an eye on everyone in attendance
5. Try and do one good deed for someone a day no matter how small or large, depends upon what presents itself
6. Visit at least 2 different countries, or at least secure plans to visit them in the near future but visit 1 different country minumum this year and ideally somewhere that I've never visited before

27 and no passport, very sad I know.

Currently 17 stone so i'm guessing my BMI is through the roof.

Not played golf since November 2010 so need to get back into it.

Too much time gambling!

Get playing football again
Join some sort of mma gym
You should, it's loads of fun! Get involved in some sort of BJJ as well, work towards a black belt or something like that (which is what I really would like to do before I die - get some sort of black belt). Just depends on where you go, due to the nature of the sport some gyms might not be as hospitable but have a look and see what it's like - mine is great, loads of top blokes!

Back