• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Young Theo Walnutt

He's a clam, but to be fair, he's scored 75 goals for PL sides and won a couple of minor trophies, he has overachieved based on his talent.

He's a clam, but to be fair, he's scored 75 goals for PL sides and won a couple of minor trophies, he has overachieved based on his talent.

Disagree.
A typical footballer from that time. Totally underachieved, should have done much better but had that typical 'big time Charlie' attitude as many did form that group.
Should have done better than to end his career at Everton.
D+

I don't think being picked for that world cup helped him. For a manager it was a stupid to pick someone who he was afraid to risk playing. Walcott probably deserved a call up for the next world cup when he might have been ready to progress his career. Instead he was hyped to early and never developed as he should have.

Wenger said he is good, you should pick him, despite not considering him good enough to start for Arsenal. Sven said, good idea, why not?

Having made the decision to include him, Sven had to play him. Not to do so was unfair on the player. He didn't ask to be picked and it's hard to expect a 17-year old to say he's not ready when his club and national team manager back him.

As much as it is usually enjoyable to see Arsenal or ex-Arsenal players fail, this one is different, at least after he left Arsenal. Wenger and Sven let him down.

Wenger said he is good, you should pick him, despite not considering him good enough to start for Arsenal. Sven said, good idea, why not?

Having made the decision to include him, Sven had to play him. Not to do so was unfair on the player. He didn't ask to be picked and it's hard to expect a 17-year old to say he's not ready when his club and national team manager back him.

As much as it is usually enjoyable to see Arsenal or ex-Arsenal players fail, this one is different, at least after he left Arsenal. Wenger and Sven let him down.
Wenger relied on brainwashing players into thinking they were better than they were. When it worked, they were good, but this also resulted in over hyped players, Bentner thinking he was the best striker in the world, and the meltdowns on the pitch from Gallas and Sol.

Him going to that W/C was the turning point for me in following England, the so called golden generation was gonad*s and some of the decisions made by Sven were baffling but that one was at the top of the list.
Like most of L'arse kids (AOC / Ramsey / wheelchair) he has also been fudged with injury and this messed up his progress. There were times where he looked really good and then would be out again. There was a season a little while ago where he got 20 goals and Liverpool were after him, then he broke down again.

I don't think he ever had the mentality to make it at the top but injury robbed him of fulfilling the potential he did have. You couldn't rely on him so you couldn't give him any responsibility.

Him going to that W/C was the turning point for me in following England, the so called golden generation was gonad*s and some of the decisions made by Sven were baffling but that one was at the top of the list.
It was an insult to the many other pros that should have been picked ahead of him.

It was an insult to the many other pros that should have been picked ahead of him.

Indeed, it finished my support/ interest in the England team. If i remember correctly Sven took four strikers, two that had only just returned from injury, a giraffe and Walcott. We had no fit for purpose strikers.

Are you going to invite us all to your wedding with Theo?

But it is decent of you to be so understanding.

Back