• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Younes Belhanda

Huddy

Ruel Fox
Another player we've been linked with this January Transfer Window.

yb.jpg

Current Club : Montpellier, France.

Younès Belhanda is a Moroccan international footballer. He primarily plays as an attacking midfielder and a winger and is described as a player who possesses "vision, technique and intelligent decision-making". Wikipedia

He's a player who can play roles across the midfield and seems to have discovered his shooting boots in recent seasons, plus he won young player of the year in Ligue 1 last year.

For the reported 10 Million transfer cost I'd bite, my only slight hesitation would be that he can be a bit of a loose cannon at times on the field but he is young.

To people who've seen him in Ligue 1 - how is he technically? In particular his passing and intelligence in the final third? I don't doubt he can produce the goods - if inconsistently, since his attitude this season seems pretty bad - and I actually think AVB could get his defensive workrate up if that's an issue, I'm just wondering about his fundamentals outside the more flashy aspects.

As long as it's a player AVB genuinely wants, I'll support it. I do suspect it's just Montpellier trying to force Fenerbahce to up the price though.

Very skillful, reminds me of Taraabdt but with a better brain. Good passing ability, got lots of assists, set up Giroud for a load of goals. Voted best young player in France last year.

L'Equipe believe THFC have opened talks with Montpellier playmaker Younes Belhanda, who has already agreed personal terms with Fenerbahce

I'm all for buying young exciting players with potential, but in terms of the AM position aren't we fairly well stocked? We've only just bought Dempsey and Siggy, one's come good and the other has been showing very good signs from what I've seen. Holtby can also play in this position so I've heard.

To those that have seen him, could Belhanda replace Bale or Lennon in our system? How pacy is he? Would his purchase point to a change in the system or does he fit in fairly well?

I'd just love us to pluck out a young striker from somewhere, one who is eager and wants to fight for the chance to wear the jersey and demonstrates that the potential is there to develop an all round game that benefits the team. Our strikeforce is fairly uninspiring, underperforming and ageing steadily, could do with a bit of talented youth there imo.

I'll say this in here to save being virtually mauled to death had I put this in the Dempsey thread, but it wouldn't surprise me if Clint is more of a stop gap in the plans of AVB and is on his way in the Summer or certainly falling down the pecking order which could be the reason why we're showing interest in more attacking midfielder options.

Morocco's Belhanda set for Montpellier exit
Montpellier are planning to sell the team's Moroccan forward Younes Belhanda during the January transfer window
Mohamad Mosselhi , Tuesday 8 Jan 2013
Print Send

Views:413
Montpellier's Moroccan forward Younes Belhanda (Photo: Reuters)
Related
Montpellier's coach praises Morocco's Belhanda

Morocco's Belhanda to miss French league opener

Morocco’s Belhanda to stay at Montpellier
Montpellier president Louis Nicollin revealed on Tuesday that he is ready to accept offers for the team's Moroccan forward Younes Belhanda in the January transfer window due to his disappointing displays this season.
Belhanda, who played a key role in helping Montpellier win their first French league title last season, failed to impress in the 17 appearances he made in the competition this term.

"I think he wants to leave the club," Montpellier's president Nicollin told France Football on Tuesday.

"I am completely frustrated with his performances this season. He has to find another club. At Montpellier, I think it is the end," he added.

However, Nicollin ruled out the possibility of accepting an offer from Turkish outfit Fenerbeche, who expressed their desire to sign Belhanda. He prefers to sell the player to a Premier League side for financial reasons.

"I love Turkey, but I prefer England. We want 15 million euro (to offload him), and Turkish clubs cannot afford that," he concluded.

Morocco's Belhanda set for Montpellier exit
Montpellier are planning to sell the team's Moroccan forward Younes Belhanda during the January transfer window
Mohamad Mosselhi , Tuesday 8 Jan 2013
Print Send

Views:413
Montpellier's Moroccan forward Younes Belhanda (Photo: Reuters)
Related
Montpellier's coach praises Morocco's Belhanda

Morocco's Belhanda to miss French league opener

Morocco’s Belhanda to stay at Montpellier
Montpellier president Louis Nicollin revealed on Tuesday that he is ready to accept offers for the team's Moroccan forward Younes Belhanda in the January transfer window due to his disappointing displays this season.
Belhanda, who played a key role in helping Montpellier win their first French league title last season, failed to impress in the 17 appearances he made in the competition this term.

"I think he wants to leave the club," Montpellier's president Nicollin told France Football on Tuesday.

"I am completely frustrated with his performances this season. He has to find another club. At Montpellier, I think it is the end," he added.

However, Nicollin ruled out the possibility of accepting an offer from Turkish outfit Fenerbeche, who expressed their desire to sign Belhanda. He prefers to sell the player to a Premier League side for financial reasons.

"I love Turkey, but I prefer England. We want 15 million euro (to offload him), and Turkish clubs cannot afford that," he concluded.

So either he's in negotiations with someone apart from (or in addition to) us, or he has no idea how Levy does deals. If no one else snaps him up and we have real interest I could see a deadline day deal for a lot less than €15m and some real bitter interviews in the press the following days from Mr. Nicollin.

Not the kind of thing you say publicly when in a negotiation I would have thought...

So either he's in negotiations with someone apart from (or in addition to) us, or he has no idea how Levy does deals. If no one else snaps him up and we have real interest I could see a deadline day deal for a lot less than €15m and some real bitter interviews in the press the following days from Mr. Nicollin.

Not the kind of thing you say publicly when in a negotiation I would have thought...

Certainly not the kind of thing that Daniel Levy would ever say!

But, in truth, whatever a chairman might say in a heated moment to the press needn't necessarily have any effect on negotiations. Once across the table from other clubs' representatives, he could don a completely different, hard nosed, ice cool persona.

Certainly not the kind of thing that Daniel Levy would ever say!

But, in truth, whatever a chairman might say in a heated moment to the press needn't necessarily have any effect on negotiations. Once across the table from other clubs' representatives, he could don a completely different, hard nosed, ice cool persona.

Could be as ice cool as he wanted to. He still told the world and the player that he wants him out. Is he going to go back on that, pay him wages for another half a season, make sure he's really unsettled and then sell him in the summer? Or is he going to accept a lower offer than he wanted from us on deadline day?

Either way he's handing power to the other side of the negotiation I think.

I knew oof Fenerbahce's interest but the gist I got was that the player wanted to stay where he was.

Lequipe are reporting we've entered negociations, maybe a bit too late.

Proper n°10, very very talented. Check his goal vs Marseille last season.

I doubt a deal can be made, they want 15m Euro but Levy will try to offer 9 + adds on or something like that, which is fair enough.

Lequipe never right rubbish, if they say we have entered negociations, then we have.

Last edited:
Lequipe are reporting we've entered negociations, maybe a bit too late.

Proper n°10, very very talented. Check his goal vs Marseille last season.

I doubt a deal can be made, they want 15m Euro but Levy will try to offer 9 + adds on or something like that, which is fair enough.

Lequipe never right rubbish, if they say we have entered negociations, then we have.

Unless there are other Premier League clubs involved at an advanced stage, I very much doubt that we are too late.

The Montpelier president has said that he would rather sell to a Premier League club. And I am fairly certain that the player would rather move to a Premier League club.

Besides which, it doesn't seem as though Galatasaray have offered or even can offer what Montpelier are demanding. Levy loves to negotiate but he can conclude deals quickly and without any fuss if he believes that he has value. Example: Dembele.

Montpellier set price for reported Tottenham target Younes Belhanda

Last Updated: January 9, 2013 11:46am

Montpellier have admitted they are prepared to let midfielder Younes Belhanda leave for the right price, as reports suggest Tottenham Hotspur have opened talks over a deal.

The 22-year-old Morocco international, who played a key role in Montpellier's march to the Ligue 1 title last season, has already agreed terms with Fenerbahce, but with the two clubs struggling to agree a fee, Tottenham are believed to have entered the race for his signature.

Montpellier president Louis Nicollin is willing to let the playmaker leave during this month's transfer window, yet turned down an initial offer of £6m plus add-ons from the Istanbul club.

He is understood to want closer to £12m, although a bid of £10m is expected to suffice.

Nicollin said: "I will let him leave, and I think he wants to leave as well. If they rise to €15m, everything will go through."

Despite Fenerbahce's advanced talks, L'Equipe have reported that Tottenham have also begun negotiations with the player's representatives.

Their interest comes despite a drop in form from the heights of last year, when Montpellier rated Belhanda at €60m on their way to being crowned French champions.

They now appear keen to cash in on one of their prize assets, whose current contract expires at the end of next season.

Belhanda has made 22 appearances so far this season, scoring eight times, and is currently preparing to represent Morocco at the Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...for-reported-Tottenham-target-Younes-Belhanda

So last year he was amazing and rated at 60m but this year his form has dipped but STILL has 8 in 22 from midfield. It sounds too good to be true. Was there not clubs lining up with bids in the summer or were they put off by the price tag at the time?
Do Montpellier now have money problems or is it just that all these players that won the league fancy a move now?

The French league really is a strange one

EDIT: Just read the rest of this thread.. sounds like the club realise he's ready to move on and both the player and Chairman have a strop on and want this sorted asap.

Last edited:
'They now appear keen to cash in on one of their prize assets, whose current contract expires at the end of next season.'

Sounds like our kind of transfer.

Ben Pearce ‏@BenPearceSpurs

#thfc AVB also ruled out a move for Montpellier's Younes Belhanda and a move for William Gallas - but he said Livermore could be loaned out.

Back