• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

You got 10k, what car would you buy.

Get a 3-series - for that much you can pick up a solid second-hand one, imv

Well made, quality package, fun to drive, a true driver's car

Just took delivery of one of these couple of weeks ago (mine has slightly smaller rims, couldn't justify the extra cost :( - EVERYTHING is an extra with them)

C61D9EC638E21DFDE548D0CC9DB1.jpg

I've got a Mondeo Turbo Diesel and it's the dog's danglies. Great bloody car.

People (some people) won't entertain that because of the badge.

There is as much kit on a new Mondeo as most Beemers or Mercs, for example, and build quality is right up there.

Although saying that, I'm considering a C-class Merc estate at the moment.

In fact, Mercedes as an example had a terrible reputation during the early to mid 2000s, which they are only now rectifying.

Clarkson for customer advice? :)

I strongly advise you to compare a brand new 3-series interior to any Mondeo interior in terms of finishes, quality, materials, etc.

Trust me - I spent quite a bit of time choosing my new car and the difference is staggering

Unless you are referring to reliability - which is a different kettle of fish

Korean manufacturers have also upped their game btw

Clarkson for customer advice? :)

I strongly advise you to compare a brand new 3-series interior to any Mondeo interior in terms of finishes, quality, materials, etc.

Trust me - I spent quite a bit of time choosing my new car and the difference is staggering

Unless you are referring to reliability - which is a different kettle of fish

Materials are going to be cheaper. It's a cheaper car.

Doesn't affect the way it's put together though.

Hi-jacking somewhat................apologies to the OP................

Has anyone on here got a mid-late 2000s Merc C-class?

Something like this...... http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...page/1/radius/1500/postcode/rh105ht?logcode=p

Interested to know opinions (actual experience, not just thoughts) about these and any pitfalls to watch out for.

Someone I work with had an E Class from around that age (think it was 2006) and he had nothing but electrical problems. The stuff that Mercedes did around then was as solid as ever, but it went back to Mercedes every couple of months for minor electrical issues.

Someone I work with had an E Class from around that age (think it was 2006) and he had nothing but electrical problems. The stuff that Mercedes did around then was as solid as ever, but it went back to Mercedes every couple of months for minor electrical issues.

This is the sort of thing I'm hearing. Took until the 2008 models to sort out I believe. Much better now, but budget won't allow for newer one.

I only do 6k per year mileage, so a diesel is pointless, I just want something smart for when I do drive.

My 13 year old Focus estate really is passed it now!!!!! But..........has been a tremendously reliable car, and superb to drive.

Just had a new shape mazda 6 2.2 blow it's big end. Garage said it's the 3rd one this year they have seen doing that. Great car when it was going.

It's just a term to describe a certain class of vehicles - not necessarily a reflection of the owner per se.

Do people still use the term executive? I thought that went out with Delboy's old English vinyl executive briefcases.

Last edited:
Back