• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yohan Cabaye

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerusalemMan

Johnny Morrison
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ress-sport-news+(Daily+Express+::+Sport+Feed)

When Blanc says he's read of our interest, I wonder if it is as mundane as he's read tabloid gossip in France (where we've probably just been introduced as a filler name to bulk out a story) or whether it's actual reference to industry chatter that has a little more behind it.

He said of Cabaye: "He is a very good player. I have not changed my mind. I read that Tottenham are also interested. Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Tottenham or Paris - I hope he will be at a big club in September."

yeah hope were in for this.....we are so short on midfielders;)

seriously don't think this has any legs....... if psg are interested they blow us out of the water.....+ we will be overloaded with cm.

Its like that time we only brought RBs

Marky that was the point i was sort of alluding to yesterday.

When we're linked to a top centre back or creative player then i'll be happy but i don't get excited when we're about to do deals for positions we're well covered in.

Marky that was the point i was sort of alluding to yesterday.

When we're linked to a top centre back or creative player then i'll be happy but i don't get excited when we're about to do deals for positions we're well covered in.

Well covered my arse. The only creative ball playing midfielder we have is Hudd who is for sale and Carroll who will probably go out on loan. I'm not convinced AVB will ever play Holtby or Siggy in a midfield 3.
I delighted we are even linked to a midfielder with an eye for pass to set Soldado in.

Not gonna happen. We've reached a sell to buy option on our midfield, Who would we sell to make room, and the fee, for Cabaye?

This is a player we actually need though. A central midfield playmaker. Despite all this talk about us having too many central midfielders, the only playmaker we have is Tom Huddlestone, who is limited in other areas. I will admit I am not quite sure what kind of player Paulinho is, having only seen him twice in the Confed. Cup, but in my opinion, we desperately need a playmaker in the mould of Cabaye. Our lack of creativity in the middle of the park last season was a big problem, especially when we played at home towards teams who sat back defending in the final third.

Yes yes yes. Exactly who we need. A little man easy on the ball to replace Modric.

He is totally different to what we have in CM. He will pull the strings. He can shoot, pass, do corners and free kicks.

He is far more needed than Capoue.

What you want is a two man midfield with either Sandro or dembele or Paulinho or Capoue and cabaye in front of them to run the all thing together.

He is NOT in the French squad that will get thrashed next Wednesday by Belgium but Debuchy (who he?) is:

La liste des 23 joueurs face à la Belgique

Gardiens : Hugo Lloris (Tottenham/ANG), Steve Mandanda (Marseille), Mickaël Landreau (Bastia)

Défenseurs : Mathieu Debuchy (Saudi Sportswashing Machine/ANG), Eric Abidal (Monaco), Eliaquim Mangala (FC Porto/POR), Adil Rami (Valence/ESP), Gaël Clichy (Emirates Marketing Project/ANG), Patrice Evra (Manchester United/ANG), Bacary Sagna et Laurent Koscielny (Arsenal/ANG)

Milieux de terain : Josuha Guilavogui (Saint-Etienne), Geoffrey Kondogbia (FC Séville/ESP), Rio Mavuba (Lille), E. Capoue (Toulouse), Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse), Clément Grenier (Lyon).

Attaquants : Franck Ribéry (Bayern Munich/ALL), Mathieu Valbuena (Marseille), Dimitri Payet (Marseille), Samir Nasri (Emirates Marketing Project/ANG), Karim Benzema (Real Madrid/ESP), Olivier Giroud (Arsenal/ANG)

Erm.....

Are we really gonna let him to go Palace?

Cultured midfielder with good ball control and passing ability, strong in the tackle, experienced in the Premiership, a leader who captained Saudi Sportswashing Machine at times, available at a good price, at his age and position we'd get a good 3/4 years out of him....what's not to like?

Unless Schneiderlin can be convinced to join (and he would cost approx £20m more) then I don't see a better alternative available this summer...

I can only assume we have other targets

Great deal for Palace if it goes through

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back