• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yevhen Konoplyanka

If we really wanted him, we would easily be able to match Stoke's offer.

I haven't heard anything to suggest that we're seriously interested in him now. Eighteen months ago, maybe. But not now, it seems.

*...waits for Spurs Official to tweet, "We are delighted to announce that we have signed Yevhen Konoplyanka on a five year contract."....*

lets say Stoke have offered 90k a week and we are only prepared to go up to 70k, no matter how much we want him we will not try and match such a high offer imo. We can want many players, but that doesnt mean we will recklessly offer something we are not comfortable with

I know a guy that works at the club who says its all a load of rubbish. Konoplyanka is going to go Stoke and there is no way he will sign for Tottenham or any other London club. Stoke are offering the highest wages and thats all Konoplyanka cares about! :(

can you ask the guy you know at Spurs if we are close to signing a midfielder, winger and striker?? Would make a change from just signing defensive players. Many thanks :)

lets say Stoke have offered 90k a week and we are only prepared to go up to 70k, no matter how much we want him we will not try and match such a high offer imo. We can want many players, but that doesnt mean we will recklessly offer something we are not comfortable with

But that's precisely my point. If we really wanted Konplyanka, we could easily blow Stoke out of the water - even at £90K per week. Bear in mind, after all, that he is on a free transfer.

So if he does sign for Stoke, it will only show that we were not seriously interested in him, IMO.

But that's precisely my point. If we really wanted Konplyanka, we could easily blow Stoke out of the water - even at £90K per week. Bear in mind, after all, that he is on a free transfer.

So if he does sign for Stoke, it will only show that we were not seriously interested in him, IMO.

i think we have to agree to disagree. Daniel Levy is not the type to blow anyone out of the water no matter how much we might want a player. Most of the time players who join Tottenham dont join for the salary. They can for the majority of the time get more money elsewhere. I dont see Levy getting into a salary bidding war if what being offered by someone else is way beyond our strict wage structure.

the deal has to be financially right

i think we have to agree to disagree. Daniel Levy is not the type to blow anyone out of the water no matter how much we might want a player. Most of the time players who join Tottenham dont join for the salary. They can for the majority of the time get more money elsewhere. I dont see Levy getting into a salary bidding war if what being offered by someone else is way beyond our strict wage structure.

the deal has to be financially right

Two things to remember:

1. Konoplyanka is on a free. And that will inevitably be reflected in any contract that he signs. It means that his wages (or wages and signing on fee, to be more accurate) can be significantly higher than he might otherwise have been offered had his new club had to pay a fee. So if we valued him at £12.5m, say, and signed him on a five year contract, we could afford to pay him the equivalent of £50K extra per week. In which case, £90K or even £100K per week would be easily achievable and justifiable - even in Daniel Levy's eyes - if we were really interested.

2. We're talking about Stoke. They are no more likely to offer him in excess of £100K per week than we are. They are far less able to do such a thing since their income is considerably less than ours; and, under the Premier League's own new financial rules, they are only allowed to spend a limited proportion of the centrally allocated Premier League money on wages. So I can conceive of no scenario in which they would be able to offer Konoplyanka a deal which we could not at least match, if we really wanted him.

Anyway, it's all academic, I think, because I have read or heard nothing to suggest that Spurs are interested in signing him.

Two things to remember:

1. Konoplyanka is on a free. And that will inevitably be reflected in any contract that he signs. It means that his wages (or wages and signing on fee, to be more accurate) can be significantly higher than he might otherwise have been offered had his new club had to pay a fee. So if we valued him at £12.5m, say, and signed him on a five year contract, we could afford to pay him the equivalent of £50K extra per week. In which case, £90K or even £100K per week would be easily achievable and justifiable - even in Daniel Levy's eyes - if we were really interested.

2. We're talking about Stoke. They are no more likely to offer him in excess of £100K per week than we are. They are far less able to do such a thing since their income is considerably less than ours; and, under the Premier League's own new financial rules, they are only allowed to spend a limited proportion of the centrally allocated Premier League money on wages. So I can conceive of no scenario in which they would be able to offer Konoplyanka a deal which we could not at least match, if we really wanted him.

Anyway, it's all academic, I think, because I have read or heard nothing to suggest that Spurs are interested in signing him.
Thing is, I don't think even our most valuable assets are on the 100k mark. Maybe Adebayor but as a general rule I'm not sure even the Hugo Lloris types are on that so I doubt we'd offer someone like him 100k a week....

Thing is, I don't think even our most valuable assets are on the 100k mark. Maybe Adebayor but as a general rule I'm not sure even the Hugo Lloris types are on that so I doubt we'd offer someone like him 100k a week....

It would be done slightly differently, with a wage that conforms to our structure but with a hefty signing on fee, perhaps paid in annual instalments, in lieu of having to pay a transfer fee.

Despite the name near enough all signing on fees are paid in instalments over the value of the contract, some may be front loaded e.g. 30% of it on signing and rest split evenly over the contract but no one pays a £5m signing on fee upfront for instance and then nothing for the other 5 years of the contract.

since when did you become a comedian?

Yan Bolasie is the winger we need! sure he needs a bit more end product but don't we all!!!

shirley there are others who see his brilliance??? We dont have much luck signing Russians/Ukrainians....and by all accounts all fur coat and no knickers!

Yan Bolasie is the winger we need! sure he needs a bit more end product but don't we all!!!

shirley there are others who see his brilliance??? We dont have much luck signing Russians/Ukrainians....and by all accounts all fur coat and no knickers!

thats deep

yeah the russians/ukranians dont tend to travel well. I think Shevchekno at Milan is the only one who has really succeeded abroad. Also im not sure this lad is a Poch type of player, i think pressing is an English word he will purposely not learn

thats deep

yeah the russians/ukranians dont tend to travel well. I think Shevchekno at Milan is the only one who has really succeeded abroad. Also im not sure this lad is a Poch type of player, i think pressing is an English word he will purposely not learn

shame really...more often than not he looks like he's worth the entrance fee alone.

But yeah if its pressing were obsessed with then probably wont be poch's cup of tea.

Gazzetta dello Sport claiming that he has agreed to move and also completed a medical...

Konopljanka vola in Premier: fa le visite col Tottenham
L'esterno d'attacco ucraino accetta la proposta degli Spurs dove si trasferisce a parametro zero. Manca soltanto l'annuncio

27 GIUGNO 2015 - MILANO
f56833f73859439d6399d507e3d8f8ca_169_l.jpg

Jevhen Konopljanka, 25 anni. Ansa

Alla fine il Tottenham lo ha convinto: Yevhen Konoplyanka vola in Premier e indosserà nella prossima stagione la maglia degli Spurs. L'esterno d'attacco ucraino, protagonista dell'ultima Europa League con il Dnipro, ha infatti accettato la proposta del club inglese dove si trasferisce a parametro zero (era infatti in scadenza di contratto). In questo finesettimana, ha anche svolto le visite mediche con gli Spurs: a questo punto manca soltanto l'annuncio.

Gazzetta dello Sport claiming that he has agreed to move and also completed a medical...

Konopljanka vola in Premier: fa le visite col Tottenham
L'esterno d'attacco ucraino accetta la proposta degli Spurs dove si trasferisce a parametro zero. Manca soltanto l'annuncio

27 GIUGNO 2015 - MILANO
f56833f73859439d6399d507e3d8f8ca_169_l.jpg

Jevhen Konopljanka, 25 anni. Ansa

Alla fine il Tottenham lo ha convinto: Yevhen Konoplyanka vola in Premier e indosserà nella prossima stagione la maglia degli Spurs. L'esterno d'attacco ucraino, protagonista dell'ultima Europa League con il Dnipro, ha infatti accettato la proposta del club inglese dove si trasferisce a parametro zero (era infatti in scadenza di contratto). In questo finesettimana, ha anche svolto le visite mediche con gli Spurs: a questo punto manca soltanto l'annuncio.
Eventually Tottenham convinced him : Yevhen Konoplyanka flies in the Premier next season and will wear the shirt of Spurs . The exterior attack Ukrainian , protagonist of the last Europa League with the Dnipro , has accepted the proposal of the English club where he moved on a free (he was out of contract ) . This weekend , he also played a medical with Spurs : Now missing only the announcement

Back