• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ye Olde Summer Transfer Window of 2013

The more things change...

A5346_zpsece022a4.jpg

...the more they stay the same.

Ciprian Marica signing for us according to the Mirror. **** version of Adebayor according to twitter. The guy has the same agent as Vlad so might be something to it. He has been released by last 2 clubs and has 8 goals in 3 seasons. Maybe a sign that Ade is off to QPR and we want a 3rd striker who doesn't mind being a 3rd striker. Or maybe it is BS paper talk.

If Adebayor moved to the Championship it would be a tragedy. I mean he would tear them to **** but still. The guy was banging them in for Madrid a couple of years ago!

Ciprian Marica signing for us according to the Mirror. **** version of Adebayor according to twitter. The guy has the same agent as Vlad so might be something to it. He has been released by last 2 clubs and has 8 goals in 3 seasons. Maybe a sign that Ade is off to QPR and we want a 3rd striker who doesn't mind being a 3rd striker. Or maybe it is BS paper talk.

We absolutely do not want or need to buy a 3rd striker who doesn't mind being a 3rd striker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciprian_Marica

Last edited:
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/339818/EXCLUSIVE-Manchester-United-s-plot-for-25m-Luke-Sh

Bit of a 2 + 2 = 5 story but this guy Luke Shaw and Ben Davies at Swansea look prospects.

According to The Sun: Baines wanted to join United. Anyone got a link to the full story?

I did mention Ben Davies in the January window wishlist, I think he has alot of potential but to my mind if we were really looking to spend money and would have put that on Coentrao then I don't see why we wouldn't just test Everton's resolve on Baines. We have potential in Rose so for me the only point in buying a LB is for it to be a player of sufficient quality that they would walk straight into the 11 and enhance us greatly in that position.

I did mention Ben Davies in the January window wishlist, I think he has alot of potential but to my mind if we were really looking to spend money and would have put that on Coentrao then I don't see why we wouldn't just test Everton's resolve on Baines. We have potential in Rose so for me the only point in buying a LB is for it to be a player of sufficient quality that they would walk straight into the 11 and enhance us greatly in that position.

Why not for Baines? He is sensational ATM.

The Sun said he wanted Man Utd..does anyone have that story?

We're not that much better than Everton, sure we finish above them, we compete in the Europa, but for a player of his age it has to actually be worth moving, he would have to challenge for titles and trophies on a regular basis.

They said no to United multiple times, don't quite see why they'd sell him to us, or why he'd want to move to us.

We're not that much better than Everton, sure we finish above them, we compete in the Europa, but for a player of his age it has to actually be worth moving, he would have to challenge for titles and trophies on a regular basis.

They said no to United multiple times, don't quite see why they'd sell him to us, or why he'd want to move to us.

I understand your point but when the window re-opens who will be TOTL?

However I think Baines is more likely to stay in the North of England.

Ciprian Marica wouldn't be a good signing, IMO. He kind of failed everywhere. At Dinamo he was a youngster and didn't really play much, at Shakhtar he was signed and played because their manager is also a Romanian. He started well with Stuttgart, but subsequently dropped in performances and was released on a free, the same with Schalke. Not to mention he is difficult to work with and loves the nightlife. From this point of view, I don't think London would suit him. And most recently, he was accused of beating and stealing a video camera from some reporters, in Bucharest.

Never heard of Tielmans. According to wiki he's made his Belgium u21 debut at 16 though, good enough for me :) Gogogo Baldini!

I think this thread should be retitled, "Þe Niwe Winter Sellan-Éagþyrl of 2014", if we're on to January incomings.

^^

Ahem..

The Sun said Baines wanted Man Utd..does anyone have that story?

According to The Times Chelsea midfielder Willian, 25, was so close to becoming a Spurs player that he had reportedly signed a contract with the north London club.

Has anyone got the full story?

And in fact you can't edit or change the title

Zlatan Ibrahimovic on Rooney link to PSG: "If he did join he would have to get used to the fact that Zlatan scores better goals than him"

Zlatan Ibrahimovic on Rooney link to PSG: "If he did join he would have to get used to the fact that Zlatan scores better goals than him"

:lol: =D>

and Zlatan has more hair

both have faces that only their mothers can love though :-"

Back