• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ye Olde Summer Transfer Window of 2013

possibly right but they still paid 42 big ones in a position they didn't really need strengthening. to me its a very risky transfer, not sure why the journos haven't caught up to that yet.

as i was saying..............

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/13/andre-villas-boas-ozil-arsenal-tottenham

André Villas-Boas: Arsenal have 'paid heavily' to secure Mesut Özil

• Tottenham manager queries price paid for German
• Spurs 'happy' with squad after spending over £100m

Wenger - 'Bale sale gave us Ozil'

Thanks Perez!

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

From what i saw of everything they gave us Lamella and eriksen...

Ozil was in talks with arsenal before we finally sold Bale (hence the kits photos) so the fact that arsenal agreed to buy him for £42M meant Madrid could afford Bale. Up to that point they couldn't agree a fee.

So really we should be thanking Wenger for his generosity

We'd signed all our players before Bale left. If Real Madrid really couldn't afford the Bale fee. And if we were dependant upon the Bale fee to make our signings; bringing in our signings was a Hell of a risk!!

I think we could have afforded the other deals irrespective of Bale's departure. We wouldn't be so financially naive to bank on money from a deal that is yet to happen. Would we?

Really don't want to see us lose Holtby either. I rate Holtby very highly and want to see him play plenty of first team football this season.

No thanks. Would prefer a younger striker to back up Soldado. I'd be getting the scouts to find the next Lukaku.

Very highly regarded young player. If he was to leave Milan, he'd be hunted by the CL regulars. I don't think it's likely that we'll sign him.

I'm interested to see how Ikpeazu performs for Watford. I think that he's a top prospect.

If there is even 1% chance of us signing El Shaaraway I would be over the moon. I think he is fantastic.

Never ever gonna happen.

He is one of the World's, not just Europe's, most talented youngsters also AC Milan would only part company with him for stupid money with them being us and us being Real Madrid if such talks were ever going to happen. He is seen to be AC Milan's and Italy's future.

[video=youtube;7lzoX0rn3ug]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lzoX0rn3ug[/video]

Back