• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yarmolenko

too many dark faces in tottenham ... good old sergei ... he will have some choice words about us

no i didnt bang the drum for Kono...i said he doesnt seem to be a hard working Poch type and that Ukranians/Russians dont tend to perform well outside their homeland. Shevchenko is the only one who has done well iirc.

How much weight should we put on what passport a player carries when trying to sign them? I'm not sure that the success of other Ukrainians has much bearing on whether Yarmolenko will be able to adapt.

Can someone refresh my memory where that little guy - I think he was called Modric or something - came from? I think he played with some others from his East European country and they all didn't do too badly...

Ofcourse there are always a few exceptions. But Modric was a midfielder who scored far too few goals for his talents : only 13 goals in 127 matches. Unlike Modric, Yamolenko is a striker who will be judged by the number of goals he scores. This is where he will struggle. Remember Pavlyuchenko ? He is one of my favourite Spurs player ever as he scored some important goals for us. But as a striker he scored far too few : 21 goals in 78 matches. Even Berbatov scored far too few goals for us : 27 in 70 matches. I am not convinced we will find that unique Eastern European striker who will become the top goal scorer for us.

Ofcourse there are always a few exceptions. But Modric was a midfielder who scored far too few goals for his talents : only 13 goals in 127 matches. Unlike Modric, Yamolenko is a striker who will be judged by the number of goals he scores. This is where he will struggle. Remember Pavlyuchenko ? He is one of my favourite Spurs player ever as he scored some important goals for us. But as a striker he scored far too few : 21 goals in 78 matches. Even Berbatov scored far too few goals for us : 27 in 70 matches. I am not convinced we will find that unique Eastern European striker who will become the top goal scorer for us.

Oh come on, mate! Are you really trying to minimise the input of Modric and Berbatov? I would give my right arm if we sign Yarmolenko and he was half as effective as Modric and Berbatov were!!

Modric may "only (have scored) 13 goals in 127 matches" and Berba "only 27 in 70 matches" but they made the team tick, created spaced opportunities for them and most importantly made them look better than they actually were (see Hudd and Keane respectively when they left)

I have seen it all now, two of the best players I have seen in a Spurs shirt being put down.

Deary, deary, deary me
You can't have 11 number 9's on the pitch.
This really does show a lack of fundamental understanding of how goals unfold.
Modric dictates the game in a way that cannot be explained in brief so I won't even try.
Berbatov was a 2nd striker. Plus His assists/chances created/goals per touches of the ball ratio stats for us, utd and Bulgaria was unmatched anywhere in the world. At his peak his chances created per touch of the ball was higher than Messi, Henry etc. If he was playing up front with elite strikers and not Robbie Keane who needed 85 chances to score Berbatov would probably have a stat that reads an assist every game.
Literally 2 of our best 4 players in the modern era.
Deary, deary, deary me

Last edited:
ok then....ahem (clears throat)

'super cala fraja-listic Andriy Yarmolenko'

'he plays for Dinamo kiev so dont get confused with Dnipro'

'if we play him on the wing, then he could set the tempo'

'oh super cala fraja-listics Andriy Yarmolenko'

'dum diddly dum dum diddly I'

Last edited:
I have seen it all now, two of the best players I have seen in a Spurs shirt being put down.
They couldn't possibly have been two of the best players you've seen in a Spurs shirt. They're from Eastern Europe!

Incidentally, my wife (whose from the same part of the world) would strongly disapprove of Modric being called Eastern European... either "Southern Europe" or "The Balkans" is apparently the preferred nomenclature. :)

This just in. mourinho reveals he sold peter cech because he never scored enough goals.
Those Eastern European keepers ey, ther terrible

Last edited:
This just in. mourinho reveals he sold peter cech because he never scored enough goals.
Those Eastern European keepers ey, ther terrible

Following on from DublinSpur, my other half is Czech and she insists that it is in central Europe.

Following on from DublinSpur, my other half is Czech and she insists that it is in central Europe.

Considering the issues in that region, I suspect Ukrainians will say something similar. This pigeon-holing and claims of "flakiness" is simply ridiculous. No one fails to adapt in a new country because they are Russian, or Spanish or Brazilian or whatever. It's all to do with the player himself and we need to do the homework to ensure he has the correct personality - if we really want to buy him.

ok then....ahem (clears throat)

'super cala fraja-listic Andriy Yarmolenko'

'he plays for Dinamo kiev so dont get confused with Dnipro'

'if we play him on the wing, then he could set the tempo'

'oh super cala fraja-listics Andriy Yarmolenko'

'dum diddly dum dum diddly I'
Say no to drugs

Just watched that YouTube vid and I have to say it reminded me a lot of a video I saw compiling Lamela's best moments (just after we'd bought him).

Based on the Lamela video I was 100% sure we'd bought the next world superstar. Yarmolenko looks equally impressive and - assuming our scouting team are basing their decision on more than a single YouTube vid (safe assumption, I hope) - I'd be more than happy if he signs for us. But - as with Lamela - nothing is guaranteed.

You can't judge a player by YouTube, but I will have to say that this dude YouTube clip far outshines lamela s. When we first signed Eric the first thing I done was take a look at his YouTube vid as you do.... And I was underwhelmed, obviously completely dismissed it as it's only YouTube, and I'm sure much more in depth scouting would have been done, but nevertheless, I was unimpressed.... This guy however....looks the dogs gonad*s

Bit of CR7 there. Looks like someone who can create his own chances. Granted it's just a YouTube vid, but I agree his looks infinitely better than Lamela's did. If he can do this consistently against PL competition, he could be our difference maker.

Back