• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yacine Brahimi

Mumorn

Vic Buckingham
MARCA say Tottenham are favourites to sign €4 million 24 year old Granada & Algeria midfielder Yacine Brahimi.

[video=youtube;JWBBZirhdZg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWBBZirhdZg[/video]
[video=youtube;R0Re6r2br7I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0Re6r2br7I[/video]

How many midfielders do we need?!?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

With him, Green & Ince linked it would appear that we are going for potential bargain additions to the squad. Young players who we can sell at a profit in future years, makes business sense.

No idea how good this guy is but if Poch likes him then bring him in.

Or maybe we are going for the Chelsea model of loads of players out on loan. I know it was before Pochettino was appointed, but Levy specifically ruled out a major squad overhaul this summer.

Or maybe we are going for the Chelsea model of loads of players out on loan. I know it was before Pochettino was appointed, but Levy specifically ruled out a major squad overhaul this summer.

Wheres the overhaul? Have we signed anyone? Sold anyone?

If we got this guy in and sent Bentaleb out on loan,whats the issue?

Not this player particularly but we seemed to be linked with everyone under the sun.

Not this player particularly but we seemed to be linked with everyone under the sun.

We do every year. Every team usually is, especially in the summer. Whether we go ahead and purchase them is a different story. I can't see us overhauling the squad but I can see a few youngsters perhaps coming in some players Poch feels WILL improve the line up.

We shouldn't be worried about signing players. We should be worried that we sign the RIGHT players.

Last summer we didn't sign the RIGHT players. We signed good players but left gaps in the squad which needed improvement. If we had signed the RIGHT players, naturally we would have performed a lot better.

Eh. Unless it's a big-money, big-name player who'll light up the side (think Alexis Sanchez or Adam Lallana) we shouldn't be buying any more wingers, imo. We've got a lot of decent ones at the club already, plus youth prospects like that Azzaoui fella to groom. So

Eh. Unless it's a big-money, big-name player who'll light up the side (think Alexis Sanchez or Adam Lallana) we shouldn't be buying any more wingers, imo. We've got a lot of decent ones at the club already, plus youth prospects like that Azzaoui fella to groom. So

Do you think that any of our wingers were even close to being good enough last season?

Townsend - started off well, but was crap after his injury

Lennon - Has been well short of form for 18 months now. I like Lennon but he's hardly improved at all since 2009, arguably he's gotten worse. Remember the old Lennon Vs Walcott debate? Look how much Walcott improved over the last few years while Lennon regressed. Walcott is out injured but Lennon's form has been so bad he didn't even make the backup squad for the World Cup. Do you really want him and his awful crossing as first choice AGAIN next season?

Lamela - Hardly played, but was generally poor last season. I don't doubt that he has more to offer, but I also don't believe his best position is as a winger.

Chadli - Nowhere near good enough. Wingers that can't cross, beat a man or outpace an average full back should have no place on our wage bill.

Sigurdsson - Not a winger. Not enough pace or ability to dribble.

Eriksen - Did well cutting inside. Certainly a good option from the wings. But a lack of pace concerns me, and I'd like to see him dictating things in the middle.

Compare the difference in technical skill that these options provided us, to what the teams in the top 4 had last season, and it's not hard to see why they scored so many more goals than us. A player with pace and an ability to skin opposition defenders with his footballing skills, not just pace and power alone, is as important a signing for us this summer as a LB or CB.

Brahimi does look good, and compared to the £25m+ that Southampton want for Lallana, €4m seems too good to be true (it probably is). His value will most likely skyrocket after a good World Cup though.

Can I ask why are Marca seeming to be a big 'source' for our transfer rumours these days?
I'm sure there was another player in the last two weeks that they linked to us. Part of the "special relationship" maybe? 8-[

Can I ask why are Marca seeming to be a big 'source' for our transfer rumours these days?
I'm sure there was another player in the last two weeks that they linked to us. Part of the "special relationship" maybe? 8-[

Lets hope they want back their former youth team product Soldado and Paulinho can go as well. Why should they just buy our good players, let them have the crap ones as well.

Good signing for Porto. He'll do well in that league and get his profile up a little more.

Back