• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Xherdan Shaqiri

I'm embarrassed on that defender's behalf. Getting outrun by a pile of bricks.

Humorous reply but Eriksen wouldnt beat many defenders with a run from the half-way line

As I've said before, we need like for like cover for CE so that he doesnt have to play or be involved every single game; not saying that Shaqiri is my first choice but if he really is available for £12m, its a reasonable deal

Humorous reply but Eriksen wouldnt beat many defenders with a run from the half-way line

As I've said before, we need like for like cover for CE so that he doesnt have to play or be involved every single game; not saying that Shaqiri is my first choice but if he really is available for £12m, its a reasonable deal

I'm not sure that we do need a like for like replacement. We don't have that anywhere else. What we need is a balanced squad with a range of options. I'd agree that we need cover for Eriksen but we have a couple of options in the squad in Lamela and Winks who could cover that role, someone else would be good but I think a player who can fill the three positions behind Kane is probably more of a priority than finding an Eriksen clone.

I doubt we are in for him, but whoever signs him if for 12m is getting a great deal, whether it’s a smaller club as their main man or a bigger club as a squad player...

I am absolutely on the fence. He is the anthesis of everything Poch is about. He also has that VdV vibe about him. I cannot see it, but for 12 million he would be some player to heave off the bench for a 20 min lardy-dah and potential winner off the bench!

Last edited:
Go and sit in the corner and think about what you've done.

Made me laugh for sure, but I stand by it. VdV obviously superior (should not have to say that, but just to be say as this is a tough audience hahahaha ) BUT similar vibes, similar temperaments and similar work ethics!

Given how abysmal the bottom 6 were in the EPL were last season if he had anything meaningful about him then Stoke shouldn't have gone down.

I think he should have to wait for Rafa himself to give him permission to resume talking after that one.

I freely admit that I do have slightly controversial opinions re: VdV. What is probably the main are of punishment is even entertaining the idea that Shaqiri deserves to even be shown the training ground. What can I say? cannot help myself. Some are chained to our negative past (not me), some are chained to the occasional weird lazy flair chancers of our history. But again, no fears...when I mentioned my thoughts to Pock he looked at me, smiled and ordered a breathalyzer!

I am absolutely on the fence. He is the anthesis of everything Poch is about. He also has that VdV vibe about him. I cannot see it, but for 12 million he would be some player to heave off the bench for a 20 min lardy-dah and potential winner off the bench!
My sentiments exactly. Much would depend on his current attitude. If he wants to be Shaki big bollox, then no thanks. If he is willing to be a bit part player and play for the TEAM , then I would risk it for 12 million .

I'm not sure that we do need a like for like replacement. We don't have that anywhere else. What we need is a balanced squad with a range of options. I'd agree that we need cover for Eriksen but we have a couple of options in the squad in Lamela and Winks who could cover that role, someone else would be good but I think a player who can fill the three positions behind Kane is probably more of a priority than finding an Eriksen clone.
In the case of Eriksen I think a like-for-like wouldn't be a bad idea. Winks is less of an Eriksen aand more of a Modric type player and we could use both.

Back