• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Xavi or Iniesta?

Who is better?

• Xavi

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Iniesta

Votes: 25 58.1%

• Total voters
If I had to pick one, I'd go for Xavi. I believe he is better technically, but I agree that Iniesta provides more of a cutting edge. I just love the fact that Xavi can receive the ball anywhere on the pitch, at any height, and surrounded by any number of players, and he will come out with the ball and play a simple pass. Not many other players can do that.

Iniesta for me

There is a story when Guardiola still played for Barcelona. He knew his time was running out as a player and Xavi was going to be the long term replacement. Iniesta joined in on a first team training session for the first time. Guardiola took Xavi aside and said something along the lines of 'you will retire me, but he [Iniesta] will retire us all

His grace on the ball is the closest to Zidane I've seen

He also reportedly said something along the lines of "remember this day, this is the first day you play with Andres Iniesta." To a young, but established Barca player about a 16 year old kid having his first training session with the first team.

I would say Iniesta at the moment, but both are fantastic and a joy to watch.

They compliment each other perfectly. Don't prefer any personally but best midfielders in the world by some distance. I do wonder how they'd do in an average premiership midfield though.

Anyone remember this?

2a2477340ab5de00fb995bcbc2826331.png

Back