• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Xavi or Iniesta?

Who is better?

• Xavi

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Iniesta

Votes: 25 58.1%

• Total voters

Jurgen the German

David Ginola
This question has been asked countless times, but I'll ask it again, who is better or who do you prefer?

Iniesta is a fantastic dribbler.

Xavi is one of the most consistent footballers I have ever seen! He rarely has a bad game ans simply doesn't give the ball away.

Both players have an unbelievable range of passing.

Both players have flawless vision.

Their stats are near enough identical when it comes to goals, not sure who leads when it comes to assists and chances created.

Iniesta plays further forward than Xavi but Xavi reminded us last night that he also can be devastating in the final third of the pitch with his killer, defence splitting passing.

Iniesta is a phenomal player, but I would personally go for Xavi. One of the main reasons is I'm not sure if Iniesta will be as good at 32 as Xavi is now at his age. And also as I mentioned, Xavi is just so consistent.

Xavi is a passer
Iniesta is a dribbler

So Xavi is the better passer and Iniesta is the better dribbler.

I prefer Iniesta, largely because I always like players that play direct and can take defenders on. Some of the balls he pulls off when working in tight spaces near the goal are spectacular aswell

For years I have felt that Xavi is the better of the two, and the best passer that I've ever seen. But I think finally Iniesta has overtaken him - he was fantastic at Euro 2012 and deserved his player of the tournament award. In saying that, Xavi was flawless in the final and his first assist for Alba was passing perfection.

Both are a joy to watch.

It's also equal in terms of European Championship player of the tournament awards with Xavi winning in 08 and Iniesta winning this year.

Xavi fosho. Iniesta will always look better on the eyes with his dribbling, but Xavi done gone control tings.

Both are sensational, obviously. They occupy positions 3-4 in the top 5 players in the world IMO.

Iniesta is a devasting 'finisher' player, unquestionably the more spectaculour player of the two. With his ridiculous, ridiculous feet, ability to move/manipulate his bodyand superb finishing ability (although, he should get more goals) he genuinely is an immense half winger/half playmaker and someone I love watching so much............

Xavi to me though, is the definition of a motherfudging playmaker. Dude RUNS games from start to finish all the time. Best passer of a football in world football - able to hit perfectly a ball at all ranges, all paces. Frequently averages above 90% pass completion, AND he attempts more passes than anyone, AND in more advanced/more difficult areas. Slide-rule through balls are bread and butter for him.

He has ridiculous feet, such a good touch, is constantly moving and does an underrated job defensively as part of the standard Barca/Spain 5 second.
He's an assist KING and is the absolute emperor of the 'final ball' concept. Also gets his fair amount of goals.

Best CM in world football, Xavi Hernandez gets the nod for me.

Last edited:
Iniesta for me. Has the dribbling of Messi at times with the passing of Xavi, almost the complete player in my opinion.

Iniesta for me

There is a story when Guardiola still played for Barcelona. He knew his time was running out as a player and Xavi was going to be the long term replacement. Iniesta joined in on a first team training session for the first time. Guardiola took Xavi aside and said something along the lines of 'you will retire me, but he [Iniesta] will retire us all

His grace on the ball is the closest to Zidane I've seen

They're obviously both fantastic, but I'd rather watch Iniesta- he's my favourite non Spurs player by a distance. Absolute genius with the ball.

to think that some people here reckon that iniesta is overrated , average and only looks good cause he plays with better players at barca.

also claimed that david silva is the better player of the two

never noticed before but have certainly come to terms with the fact that said poster is a near complete joke

Iniesta is definitely the better player, his ball control, technique and dribbling more than make up for what little he is lacking when his passing is compared to that of Xavi. Iniesta also has a name which sounds more exciting when shouted by a commentator, not that that should have a bearing on these things. :D

Back