• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wout Weghorst

Talking "big lad up front who scored tonight", Yaremchuk is only 25 and looked a similar level to Weghorst imo.

Agreed. If it was for a back-up CF, might be worth an option. No idea whether the price tag for him would be realistic though

Agreed. If it was for a back-up CF, might be worth an option. No idea whether the price tag for him would be realistic though
He is at gent isn’t he so shouldn’t be silly money
But settling over here is 90% of the issue
At least he would have made one overseas move before hand

We would only sign him if Kane leaves IMO and we would buy 2 strikers in that case IMO
We ain’t getting a guy with a better record or work rate joining us in our current state
But I don’t think Kane is leaving
If we are losing Kane then I think we need somebody who pretty much guarantees goals in the PL such as Danny Ings and also a young, still developing player who is already posting good numbers in another league (either Daka or Isak would be my choices). With Danny Ings' contract situation as it is, after him and one of those other two there would probably still be £50m+ left over to buy ourselves a couple of decent centre backs. Sales of our deadwood could then be used to fund a RB, first choice CM, a new AM and a backup keeper.

With the right person doing the deals we could actually end up stronger overall by selling Kane. It absolutely petrified me at the end of last season with the setup we had then but now we have a DoF and (seemingly) a manager coming in who is good at working with players we could get as many as 5 first team players with the Harry Kane money and then make 3 or 4 further squad upgrades by moving on our some unwanted players. Sure we'd be weaker in the number 9 position but would balance that out by being stronger at CB, RB, CM, AM and also with our replacement options.

Last edited:
I think I'd take Watkins over all of them

Osimhen should probably be the #1 Kane replacement target IMO
The final chance for us to buy Watkins was last summer when Villa got in there I think. With Villa's rich owners and their high ambitions for the club I don't think they would blink unless we offered them over £70m.

The final chance for us to buy Watkins was last summer when Villa got in there I think. With Villa's rich owners and their high ambitions for the club I don't think they would blink unless we offered them over £70m.
We were interested but apparently passed on him as we thought Watkins had some bad habits that are difficult to change given his age (footballing habits btw)

Back