• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Would you take Modric back?

Would you take Modric back if he is kicked out of Madrid next summer?

• in a heartbeat

Votes: 57 62.6%
  • never - he's burnt his bridges

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • not really - prefer better options: Moutinho, Willan...

Votes: 15 16.5%

• Total voters

Maltese Falcon

Niko Kranjcar
It's all a load of bull but - if Modric does end up being told hasta la vista in the summer - would you take him back?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/4...er-news-modric-chelsea-manchester-united.htm?

Premier League Trio Keen to Bring Modric Back to England - Report

Premier League heavyweights Chelsea, Manchester United and Emirates Marketing Project are monitoring Luka Modric's situation at Real Madrid.

The Croatian playmaker signed for the La Liga champions in a £33m deal from Tottenham Hotspur last summer, bringing an end to one of the most protracted transfer sagas in recent years. However, the 27-year-old has struggled to match his price tag at the Bernabeu and has now fallen down Jose Mourinho's pecking order.

Modric has failed to provide competition for the likes of Mesut Ozil, Xabi Alonso and Sami Khedira for a spot in Madrid's midfield and has started just eight league games so far. He was voted the worst signing of 2012 by readers of Spain's leading newspaper Marca last week. The Mirror believes the former Spurs star is considering a return to England at the end of this season.

Chelsea, who made a £40m bid to sign Modric on deadline day of the 2011 summer transfer window, remain admirers of the midfielder and with veteran midfielder Frank Lampard set to leave Stamford Bridge at the end of the season, the Blues are understood to be keeping tabs on the situation in Madrid.

Meanwhile, the reports claims the Manchester clubs would also be interested in Modric, if he were available, with both Sir Alex Ferguson and Roberto Mancini showering praise on the player.

Tough one for me, if he has to leave Madrid I'd rather he went to another team on the continent. Think he would thrive in United, City or Chelsea's midfield, so if he had to come back to England I'd prefer him in our team rather than any one of those 3

Only if it was a free transfer with a first team appearance pay as you play deal on a 5yr contract then make him train with the U18 for the duration of his contract and never let him near WHL or the first team again.

Bitter much....... YES. :-({|=

No thanks we've moved on and he'd never come back.

id rather Moutinho than Modric but would take him back if it was a him or no one else kind of deal. certainly never burnt his bridges as far as im concerned

Loved him as a player, still think he 'could' do a great job for us BUT feel we are moving on from him nicely and that re-signing him would be wrong on a few levels.

Whilst he does exactly what we are missing, i would not. He chose to make his bed, now he may lie in it.

14 is still available
I'd have him back, if he'd return he'd for sure be over the idea of playing for other "bigger" clubs.
We're a couple of players like him away from winning the league.

Sandro - Modric - Dembele ???
Yes please!

Yes, without a doubt.

Not going to happen though, I doubt he wants to come back any more than most in this thread want him back. He'll see it as a step back too. And clubs like Chelsea, City and United are going to throw more money at him than we can and be more likely to pay the fee Real will be asking.

How can anyone say we don't need him? Name me a player in our team with a first touch like Modric, who can pass the ball like Modric, who can work his way out of tight situations like Modric, who can transition defence to attack as well as Modric. He is a world class player and would massively benefit our side. Imagine a midfield trio of Modric, Dembele and Sandro!

Never going to happen though.

Yes. He is one of the best players I have ever seen in a Spurs shirt, would make our team significantly better and would be well suited to the game that AVB wants us to play.

The worst signing in La Liga 2012 lol no ta. Despicable behaviour, unprofessional and got his move so can stay and rot in Madrid for all I care.

If Man U take him, what's the difference between this and Zeki Fryers? Disgraceful Fergie!

;)

But yes, I would have him back. Why cut off your nose to spite your face, it worked with Sheringham and would have been great with Berbatov this summer. However, I don't think he will return if those three show genuine interest.

Back