• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Would you sign Ashley Cole?

Would you give him a 1 year deal at spurs?

• Yes

Votes: 48 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 24 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want him, but if it is a choice between him or another Rose and Naughton job share then yes

What's he actually done that makes him so vile? I always just saw him as a bit of a pantomime villain. He is incredibly disciplined on the football pitch as are most of those Chelsea defenders. They just don't often give cheap goals away

I don't mind having Danny Rose around as an understudy to a more experienced left back but is a 33 year old one pushing it?

Say what you want about him as a person but at the end of the day he has been one of the best LB's of the last decade, and he's a winner also. We need winners at the club because at times we've looked so devoid of personality and grit this season. Maybe it could be good for Rose having someone of such experience around to learn from.

He's not anywhere near Terry level of ****ness for me

What's he actually done that makes him so vile? I always just saw him as a bit of a pantomime villain. He is incredibly disciplined on the football pitch as are most of those Chelsea defenders. They just don't often give cheap goals away

The Secret Footballer doesn't have a good word to say about him:

If you meet a footballer and he comes across as a rude, arrogant prick, the chances are that he is simply trying not to give anything away. Either that, or you have bumped into Ashley Cole.

and I think that providing an alibi for John Terry in the Anton Ferdinand case hasn't won him many friends.

For me, he isn't up there with Terry or Campbell, but I'd still not want him at the club.

Hope our scouts have done their work. A good athletic, defensively aware 20 to 25 year old available anywhere?

Would rather try and build for the future than a one season stop gap but he does have a winning mentality and don't mind him as a person.

I think it was all that "they offered me 50k and I almost crashed the Range Rover" ******** from way back, plus playing for the Goons and Cheatski, there's not been a lot to like over the years.

Can't decide if I'd sign him or not.

I think it was all that "they offered me 50k and I almost crashed the Range Rover" ******** from way back, plus playing for the Goons and Cheatski, there's not been a lot to like over the years.

Can't decide if I'd sign him or not.

I think it was worse than that in the fact that it was £70k and not only £50k. That being said the reason for his disappointment in that situation was apparently that he had been promised an amount that was higher than that and then Dein renaged on his promises when the official offer materialised.

“Ash! Are you listening?” said a virtually hyperventilating Jonathan. “I’m here in the office and David Dein is saying they aren’t going to give you £60k a week. They’ve agreed £55k and this is their best and final offer. Are you happy with that?”

When I heard Jonathan (Barnett) repeat the figure of £55k, I nearly swerved off the road. “He is taking the ****, Jonathan!” I yelled down the phone. I was so incensed. I was trembling with anger. I couldn’t believe what I’d heard. I suppose it all started to fall apart for me from then on. I’d trusted Mr Dein to push the deal through.

For me, he isn't up there with Terry or Campbell, but I'd still not want him at the club.

Hope our scouts have done their work. A good athletic, defensively aware 20 to 25 year old available anywhere?

id take cole. but the funny thing is, i really wouldn't be surprised if someone like danny rose would be that "athletic, defensively aware 20 to 25 year old" if he played in france or portugal. i'm one of the few that still doesn't mind danny rose being given an extended chance. he looked so good for sunderland, and seems to have all the traits to be the potential england left back one day.

“Ash! Are you listening?” said a virtually hyperventilating Jonathan. “I’m here in the office and David Dein is saying they aren’t going to give you £60k a week. They’ve agreed £55k and this is their best and final offer. Are you happy with that?”

When I heard Jonathan (Barnett) repeat the figure of £55k, I nearly swerved off the road. “He is taking the ****, Jonathan!” I yelled down the phone. I was so incensed. I was trembling with anger. I couldn’t believe what I’d heard. I suppose it all started to fall apart for me from then on. I’d trusted Mr Dein to push the deal through.

those quotes are so good lol. i have a question though. how many fullbacks were on more than 55k at that time. even today, that seems a decent wage for a top class fullback (and it must be almost 10 years on).

wasn't the contract thing at Arsenal more to do with the fact they had already agreed a wage of 60k p/w only for Arsenal to come back later and say nah, actually we can only go as far as 55k

that'd **** me off as well tbf

wasn't the contract thing at Arsenal more to do with the fact they had already agreed a wage of 60k p/w only for Arsenal to come back later and say nah, actually we can only go as far as 55k

that'd **** me off as well tbf
It sounds like Dein had agreed 60, but the board wouldn't OK it. It'd annoy me a bit too, but still it's 55k a week for playing fooking football, keep your eyes on the road you ****.

and they were paying the likes of reyes, eboue and hleb considerably more
Really? Cole left in August 06 by which time that clown had only been there 2 years since joining from Belgium, why would they be splurging that much on him?

We need a left-back. A better one than Rose (I believe those standards are fairly forgiving for a club of our ambitions). If Cole comes in, shuts up, doesn't steal someone's missus, refrains from shooting interns, doesn't swerve around on the road when called by his agent, and does a 'Gallas', then I'm okay with him being here. However, all those ifs are probably too numerous for him to successfully vaunt them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back