• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Would you fly on a Boeing 737 Max?

The world airline industry is in tatters. There’s an environmental silver lining. But Rolls Royce, Airbus, Boeing etc are all rubber ducked. Not sure how these companies can keep going with no revenue or new orders for possibly years to come.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

the airplane was 27 years old. How mad is that, people wouldn't dare drive a car that old.

You would think they’d be withdrawn from service at a certain age. I suppose the small carriers buy the older fleets on the cheap to operate a low cost service. Could be wrong tho just assuming.

Once flew Ryan air and the plane was ancient. Was a bit surprised and a little concerned.

You would think they’d be withdrawn from service at a certain age. I suppose the small carriers buy the older fleets on the cheap to operate a low cost service. Could be wrong tho just assuming.

Once flew Ryan air and the plane was ancient. Was a bit surprised and a little concerned.
Indonesia is fairly well known for its aging fleet.

The most decrepit plane I’ve been on was a BWIA jumbo when I went to visit family in Trinidad back in 1990s; remember how every fitting in the cabin creaking and rattling during takeoff which was rather unsettling with an 11 hour flight ahead :eek:

Thankfully parents booked BA for the flight home!

The most decrepit plane I’ve been on was a BWIA jumbo when I went to visit family in Trinidad back in 1990s; remember how every fitting in the cabin creaking and rattling during takeoff which was rather unsettling with an 11 hour flight ahead :eek:

Thankfully parents booked BA for the flight home!

I’m not a nervous flier. My misses is. Every little noise she asks what’s that. Worst plane I ever flew was the old West Ham owner XL Airways on a holiday to Turkey terrible flight / plane.

If Scara is correct and it has an ageing fleet hopefully will push them to upgrade.

The RAF are using a lot of things older than that..

Maintenance is more of an issue than just age.
The RAF won't nearly have put the same number of hours on them.

There's also a marked difference in risk acceptance for 1-2 man fighters Vs 150 person commercial craft.

You're right though, there's a lot more to it than age - adherence to standards is also an issue.

Boeing 777s grounded around world after Denver engine failure
Boeing tells airlines to pull dozens of aircraft with certain engine from active service after emergency landing in Denver

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...rlines-after-faa-japan-issues-emergency-order
Strange that there appears to be a number of these in a short space of time.

The 777 has been flying for about 25 years and those engines will have cycled at least 4 or 5 times in the lifespan of each shell. I wonder if being left in storage for a while and then brought back into service has had some kind of effect.

Back