• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Would a Spurs XI beat an England XI?

Briddo1882

Erik Edman
I used to love watching England internationals. You would see the best (fitness permitting) 11 players of say England take on the best 11 of Spain for example. You wouldn't necessarily know all of the Spanish players so it would be exciting.

Now, I don't find international football interesting at all anymore. It is BLAND.

But it got me thinking, how good are England? If England were to play in the premier league would they win? In fact would England's current best 11 beat the current Spurs 11 (obviously Harry, Dele and Eric in a player for player comparison would be compared against themselves!)

Furthermore, if you could have the pick of any England player to play for Spurs, who would you pick and why?

England with Kane and Alli would lose against an XI from the remaining Spurs players.

The charm of international football and European cups was seeing these players and sides that you didn't know anything about, but they were still really good. Internationals are superfluous these days and only serves to support nationalism and xenophobia.

Pre-Aurier I'd have said Walker, now it's a toss between Rashford and Lallana. Probably Rashford - although he'd still only make our bench.

They would be the two i would choose as well, i do like Lallana but i would take Rashford in a flash. This kid is going to be a hell of a player.

Centre-halves with Toby and Vert and midfielders with Dembele and Eriksen are much better than what England has. Plus Hugo in goal.

I'd take Lallana, he works well with Poch.

Yes - England play like a bunch of strangers. Spurs have had a fairly settled squad for a few years now. plus we have a decent goalie, England don't.

Would a Spurs XI beat an England XI?

Like a rented mule.

Even if you take all our England players out of the equation and put them in the England side, our full-strength team would look like this -

-------------------Lloris----------------

Aurier--------Toby-----Jan---Davies

---------Wanyama-----Dembele-----

Lamela----------Eriksen---------Son

-------------Janssen/Llorente------

This present England lot couldn't even look convincing against Malta. Playing that team above would destroy them.

England are just not a good team and have not been for sometime. You hear every time that England are rubbish like its some kind of shock, I wonder what people are genuinely expecting?

Man for man ...

Kane v Kane: advantage Spurs
Alli v Alli: advantage Spurs
Eriksen v anyone: advantage Spurs
Son/Lamela v someone beginning with S: maybe advantage England
Dier v Dier: advantage Spurs
Dembele/Wanyama v Henderson/Livermore: advantage Spurs
Rose v Rose: evens (Rose tends to play well for England)
Trippier v Walker: advantage England
CBs: :p
GK: :p
Manager: :p

England are just not a good team and have not been for sometime. You hear every time that England are rubbish like its some kind of shock, I wonder what people are genuinely expecting?

To watch a game of football and stop all the over hyped drivel from both fans and media alike!
Let's stop bitching and just support!

Last edited:
To watch a game of football and stop all the over hyped drivel from both fans and media alike!
Let's stop bitching a just support!

I woul dlik eour fans to realise we are not so good and become more seige mentality focused.

Get on the other teams back not ours

I woul dlik eour fans to realise we are not so good and become more seige mentality focused.

Get on the other teams back not ours

Club football is so overly partisan in the UK especially since the rise of the internet with social media being so dominant.
I'm hoping England fans (if some still exist;)) can now just get behind and really support this current group of young players.

The amount of cynicism on this board towards The England team is just an example of the huge task ahead.

Back