• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup SF - Germany vs Brazil

How is it possible that Marcelo and Luiz each scored more than 1? Luiz and Marcelo each appeared to think that they were attacking midfielders, not defenders. Neither appeared to have any urgency to undertake any defensive work in the game.

So what happened to the Brazil that won the Confederations Cup last year? I didn't watch it much, I have to admit. I was expecting some sexy football from them, but saw very little of it in this tournament. Didn't they play with largely the same squad as last year? Fred became joint top-scorer in the Confed Cup, look at him now. Have they just been unlucky? Too much pressure? Were they just lucky last year? Were the teams they met last year that bad?

Well played the Germans.

It's as though Brazil have tried to become too 'European' (even old-style German) in their style of play now (physicality, pace, reliance on set-pieces etc), whilst the Germans have become more 'Latin American' in their approach.

In more ways than one, it was just like watching Brazil

8-[

Agreed.
In fact, I think the fact the UK has not had it shows us EXACTLY what FIFA is all about; money. Not nearly as much to be squeezed from, say, the UK as the facilities and structure are in place.
But of course, they say it's to 'spread the wealth of the game' or some such ********. LOL. Sort of.

Some interesting points, but how does this argument work when it's applied to when it's hosted by countries like Italy, France, Germany perhaps even Japan and Korea? Their infrastructures and facilities are surely as good, if not better, than in the UK, no?

I went with a 3-0 Germany win before the match but never did I expect it to get this crazy!

Am glad that this happened. Brazil have been dreadful all tournament and didn't deserve to get as far as they did. Hopefully the Netherlands get through tonight because I can't see Argentina giving Germany a game in the final.

Every German with a 10/10 apart from Ozil who deserved no more than a 4/10 at best

and the rodent missing that simple chance cost me £170, 8-1 at 33/1 !!!!!

Win 7-1............and Ozil still looked crap !

Ho wis Ozil crap? I dont get it.

Anyways - yesterday was the most complete performance from a team since I can remember. I thought we had capitulations but the Brazilian one yesterday defied belief

GHod I loved last night

Its the game this world cup will be remembered for. For ever and ever and ever

Hhahahaha

Massive massive result. That will have an impact on world football. They said football died in 82 when Brazil lost to Italy. This will have a huge lasting impact, and for the better. Germany and football won last night. Brazil needed this. As painful as it was.

You have to remember for Germany this was years and years of planning coming to fruition. A real long term vision culminating in the likelihood of winning the world cup.

Every German with a 10/10 apart from Ozil who deserved no more than a 4/10 at best

and the rodent missing that simple chance cost me £170, 8-1 at 33/1 !!!!!

I think Ozil missing that chance was my personal favourite part of the match.

Massive massive result. That will have an impact on world football. They said football died in 82 when Brazil lost to Italy. This will have a huge lasting impact, and for the better. Germany and football won last night. Brazil needed this. As painful as it was.

You have to remember for Germany this was years and years of planning coming to fruition. A real long term vision culminating in the likelihood of winning the world cup.

Very good point about Germany and the realisation of all the hard work they have put in to get to this point. Its definitely not a fluke or by chance that's for sure

In hosting the world cup, Brasil wanted to exorcise memories of the 1950 defeat to Uruguay. I'd say they succeeded.

Back