• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2022 - to be moved?

greatwhitenorf

Vedran Corluka
Couldn't see a thread for this and my mouse finger cramped up after clicking back 6-7 pages.

Friend of Football, Donald Trump, has possibly taken the shot of the century - authorizing a US drone missile strike killing a fanatical Iranian military leader while on Iraqi soil.

The Persian Gulf region is about to become even more troubled once Iran takes retaliatory action.

Could this be the tipping point to move the 2022 World Cup out of Qatar to a safer location and delight currently disgruntled football fans who have little or no inclination to attend this tournament?

With the disruptions this mid-season event would cause to Europe's domestic fixture lists, you can bet this very subject is being discussed amongst leaders of the top leagues.

I believe the drone was launched from the US base in Qatar, which makes it all very complicated. Qatar is one of the Arab states opposed to Saudi Arabia, which makes Iran sort of an ally. But then they have a US air base, which can't make Iran very happy, especially when used to kill one of their favourite sons. Qatar might want the Americans gone, but the Americans won't want to give up their largest base in the Middle East.

A couple of friends who work for ad firms here in Toronto (big biz here) say there's already corporate chatter about withdrawing from any involvement in this event. But if it was moved to Europe, they'd be on board wholeheartedly.

Couldn't see a thread for this and my mouse finger cramped up after clicking back 6-7 pages.

Friend of Football, Donald Trump, has possibly taken the shot of the century - authorizing a US drone missile strike killing a fanatical Iranian military leader while on Iraqi soil.

The Persian Gulf region is about to become even more troubled once Iran takes retaliatory action.

Could this be the tipping point to move the 2022 World Cup out of Qatar to a safer location and delight currently disgruntled football fans who have little or no inclination to attend this tournament?

With the disruptions this mid-season event would cause to Europe's domestic fixture lists, you can bet this very subject is being discussed amongst leaders of the top leagues.
Not a chance. FIFA officials can't return a spent bribe and hookers don't unfudge themselves (apparently).

Last edited:
Could be a watershed for FIFA, if situation is dangerous many teams and fans may not go, FIFA may try and force members to go but it would be a tricky problem if the major nationals refuse.

If you disregard the fact that this thing happening would probably mean innocent people dying in another war, I'd love it if FIFA were forced to backtrack and Quatar to be denied their corrupt WC.

I don't dislike FIFA enough to want a full on war to spite them, though.

If you disregard the fact that this thing happening would probably mean innocent people dying in another war, I'd love it if FIFA were forced to backtrack and Quatar to be denied their corrupt WC.

I don't dislike FIFA enough to want a full on war to spite them, though.

Glad to hear it!

Back