• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Semi Finals

Because they had control, and we were nervously chasing them, using up lots of energy while they kept their cool.

Possibly a bit harsh but the manager takes the blame for me for not getting the mentality right second half.
I certainly agree Southgate showed his lack of experience. He needed to change it up sooner in the middle of the park. Would have swapped Henderson and Alli for loftus cheek and Dier.

Doesn’t feel like 90 or 96 to me, feels like we threw this one away.

If the game ended at half time everyone would be falling over themselves with gushing praise. Only negative that half was not taking our chances.

Second half we didn't turn up. The pressure, Croatia improving as they obviously would and the wrong team mentality in the second (needed feel adversity and to know we had to improve as the opposition would) are the reason we lost.

Gutted. But we'd have lost the final and all the hype and screaming would have been silly.

I think he could take Spurs up a level, especially in the big games.
You know I’m not sure. We need a game changer like Bale who can carve a chance out of nothing more than a playmaker. Eriksen plays that role well for us now. I remember plenty of games when Modric was in the team where we struggled to break down teams.

What frustrates me, is that England will probably never have a better chance than this to win a World Cup. I was five when we last won it. Dad got me a world Cup Willy coin and we sang "we've won the cup" for what seemed like six months afterwards. I just feel sorry for all you guys who have never experienced that.

Thought they did well.

Shows how I think because all I was thinking was the experience would help the spurs players improve.

That's my motivation behind wanting England to win as well, truth be told. :p kind of sad to think there were 10 spurs players going into the semis, now there is only one left in the final. What is it with Tottenham and semi finals, ffs? :p

You know I’m not sure. We need a game changer like Bale who can carve a chance out of nothing more than a playmaker. Eriksen plays that role well for us now. I remember plenty of games when Modric was in the team where we struggled to break down teams.
Yea I think when Erikson plays he more than offers what Modric does conducts and offers Assists and goals. England however miss that type of player. We just don’t have one.

That's my motivation behind wanting England to win as well, truth be told. :p kind of sad to think there were 10 spurs players going into the semis, now there is only one left in the final. What is it with Tottenham and semi finals, ffs? :p

Nothing, it was City players who lost their composure.

let's face it, England did pretty well to get this far on the back of wins against Tunisia, Panama, Sweden, a draw with Colombia and a loss to Belgium. Kane had almost zero service right from the start of the tournament too.

Last edited:

Sancho, Sessegnon, Foden if he gets enough game time to continue his progression.

Brewster, Griffiths. The players being produced by the club's in this country are more skilful then previous generations if they can avoid the hype and ego of the golden generation. Limit exposure to an odd media we have in this country then they will be ok.

Might not be cool to say it but English football is slowly on the rise. The academy system is producing better players, which is why German club are now signing our youth players.

With 90 league professional club's if we can eventually filter that coaching down to academies in the lower leagues you will see even better home grown players being produced throughout the league system and more in the top flight.

Actually think we have a good future.

Back