• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Round of 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where to put this, but has anyone else noticed Mbappé's Go Go Gadget Arms?

3619.jpg

Should have been a goalkeeper.

Do not get me wrong i am no fan of Young but his crossing and free-kicks are better then Rose any day. Southgate uses him in a plan and its working so far.

No, not their not. Their brick as their inswingers is the defender can face them like they did last night

Give me a ball that can be attacked every day of the week

And our left side is operating about 60% compared to the right due to young

What I would say is that young wasn’t bad yesterday at all and his experience came into play several times

No, not their not. Their brick as their inswingers is the defender can face them like they did last night

Give me a ball that can be attacked every day of the week

And our left side is operating about 60% compared to the right due to young

What I would say is that young wasn’t bad yesterday at all and his experience came into play several times
I said exactly the same thing to my long-suffering girlfriend yesterday, after Young fired an right-footed inswinging free kick into the box that Kane couldn't quite reach. He was offside, anyway. The macaronic ITV commentators loved it but, IMHO, it's damn near impossible to get anything on a ball whipped in with inswing from that sort of position. Even a yard offside, Kane didn't have a chance.

Wide positions and corners, perhaps, but definitely not free kicks between the halfway line and the box.

Young's a safe option, but the dynamism of Rose is more likely to unlock a defence.

I said exactly the same thing to my long-suffering girlfriend yesterday, after Young fired an right-footed inswinging free kick into the box that Kane couldn't quite reach. He was offside, anyway. The macaronic ITV commentators loved it but, IMHO, it's damn near impossible to get anything on a ball whipped in with inswing from that sort of position. Even a yard offside, Kane didn't have a chance.

Wide positions and corners, perhaps, but definitely not free kicks between the halfway line and the box.

Young's a safe option, but the dynamism of Rose is more likely to unlock a defence.

Rose also wins free kicks aplenty
The opposition hate him and that’s valuable to us as a team dominant at set piece play

Pekerman was frustrated by the perceived antics of England's players, insisting the officials will come down more harshly on them in Saturday's quarter-final against Sweden.

"Players fall in the box, they collide and fall," he said.

"You have to try and stand in the shoes of these players. They are subject to situations which shouldn't really be present in football.

"These interruptions are bad. When there are so, so many fouls and interruptions I think that's not good.

"We have to try and find the right balance so that football can happen and the two sides can play the match with good intentions.

"We shouldn't only look at Colombian players, people should look at England players. I wish I was wrong, but I think from the next match England will be much more careful.

"Today we were on the receiving end of this but I hope it won't happen again. It's been absolutely obvious, too obvious."

He added: "I think we have to try and defend football and we should do a little more to try to prevent certain situations knowing that they may arise.

"It has been very uncomfortable to play this match knowing that feeling was in the air about refereeing decisions.

"Something is happening in football. There is a lot of confusion. What if the player falls because he fakes a fall or is being pushed by an opponent or they are trying to get the referee to book another player?"

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...gry-at-england-players-after-world-cup-defeat

At the time I was thinking why Henderson (and later why not Vardy), but I think Southgate chose well. Henderson's penalty might have been better than Dier's, apart from the result. Southgate clearly picked those who he thought would be better rather than on the reputation or gutsy volunteer approaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back