• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Quarter Finals

Can you just pack it in? It's flimflam and does nobody any good to keep repeating it.

People are quite capable of not liking Henderson legitimately without any Liverpool bias

I could say the same thing to you, from what i have heard from the media, various supporters of other teams and also from the less biased Spurs supporters Henderson has done well so far.

Now can you say hand on heart that they are not some on here that hate anything and everything about Liverpool? Now you are of course entitled to your opinion but there are some who go overboard with their dislike/hate of Henderson and its plain to see and its childish at best.

I could say the same thing to you, from what i have heard from the media, various supporters of other teams and also from the less biased Spurs supporters Henderson has done well so far.

Now can you say hand on heart that they are not some on here that hate anything and everything about Liverpool? Now you are of course entitled to your opinion but there are some who go overboard with their dislike/hate of Henderson and its plain to see and its childish at best.
They're English - they're the same people who though Parker and Carragher were good.

It's fairly easy to fool an English fan - run a lot, beat your chest, kick someone from time to time and don't say or think anything complicated about football.

I hate Liverpool
I also was NO fan of Henderson before the World Cup
I now think he is a vital cog in the set up
I wouldn’t want him there long term but he 400% deserves his place right now

1, So do i, but not to the point where i insist that all their players are crap ( not saying you do but we all know there are some who have to mentioned it half a dozen times during a match)

2, I can take him or leave him to be honest but he is not as rubbish as some say he is.

3, I agree

4, I agree again

1, So do i, but not to the point where i insist that all their players are crap ( not saying you do but we all know there are some who have to mentioned it half a dozen times during a match)

2, I can take him or leave him to be honest but he is not as rubbish as some say he is.

3, I agree

4, I agree again

I think they have some massively over rated ones and he would have been one... but he has earnt his place right now

I can say, hand on heart, there are not enough on here that hate everything about Liverpool enough to be so biased as to warrant your persistent and rather heavy handed accusations.

More than anything else, its bloody boring.

I cant fudging stand Liverpool, I can say that.

Does that mean I cannot be objective about their players? Of course not, grow up.

:rolleyes:
I can say, hand on heart, there are not enough on here that hate everything about Liverpool enough to be so biased as to warrant your persistent and rather heavy handed accusations.

More than anything else, its bloody boring.

I cant fudging stand Liverpool, I can say that.

Does that mean I cannot be objective about their players? Of course not, grow up.

1, That did make me laugh :rolleyes:

2, Could not agree more from the slagging point of view.

In Henderson's defence it needs to be conceded that some of his long range balls in recent games have been absolute peaches. Seem to remember there were a couple that put Sterling clean through on goal against Sweden. Once again, it's very hard to like him but you have to give credit where it's due.

I'm not going to disagree with the video, his movement is important in creating spaces around the pitch. That said, he is also being put into goal scoring position's by the movement of the other attackers and has had better chances to score from open play than everyone else. I have defended him previously and I do appreciate what he does do, but this is an England side that won't create chance after chance like City and we need a clinical player in his role. At City he has those creators around him, with England he does not.

Now if we were playing a 433 with someone in the midfield who could orchestrate things, I'd have more faith. This 352 we play doesn't truly have a creative passer in it. I'm not truly convinced it suits any of the front 5, despite our place at the semi finals. The makeup of the midfield is probably where the tinkering needs to be done although Oxlade-Chamberlain would probably have fitted right into either Lingard or Dele's role, someone of real vision playing in that role that Henderson currently covers is key to unlocking our wing backs.

In Henderson's defence it needs to be conceded that some of his long range balls in recent games have been absolute peaches. Seem to remember there were a couple that put Sterling clean through on goal against Sweden. Once again, it's very hard to like him but you have to give credit where it's due.

True enough, however I'd argue he has also been detrimental to our stagnant play by standing on our defenders toes and not assessing his options quickly enough. I can give credit where it is due, but I won't call him perfect either, just as I have done with Sterling.

With a bit of time to get his head up he his capable, its under pressure when the cracks really show.

With a bit of time to get his head up he his capable, its under pressure when the cracks really show.
When he's under pressure he has a really bad habit of just giving it to anyone, regardless of if they're under more pressure than him or not. He always makes the pass, but the recipient is always under so much pressure.

It's the same lack of awareness that makes him quite often fail to choose the best pass (often not the worst either) and not know when to drop to the defenders or step up and pull the pressers away. He's young enough to learn this stuff but probably won't at Liverpool whilst he watches the ball keep sailing over his head.

I think he is a good player but to be really good he needs to improve his awareness (too late now). He is capable of a decent cross field ball but he waits until he has the ball to look up where the players are, a good player knows where the pass is going before he gets the ball.

He gets the ball, looks up sees Trippier in space and pings the ball, by that time he is closed down. He really should know Trippier is in space when he receives the ball.

Think he has had a decent tournament and at this stage would start him over the alternatives.

I think he is a good player but to be really good he needs to improve his awareness (too late now). He is capable of a decent cross field ball but he waits until he has the ball to look up where the players are, a good player knows where the pass is going before he gets the ball.

He gets the ball, looks up sees Trippier in space and pings the ball, by that time he is closed down. He really should know Trippier is in space when he receives the ball.

Think he has had a decent tournament and at this stage would start him over the alternatives.
If we're going to talk about players that slow things down - just when they need to do the opposite -how about Walker. Drives me crazy the way he regularly pulls up, looks around, ignores Trippier then pays the safe pass sideways or back to the keeper.

Young is the worst offender for me. Not least because he doesnt even offer the occasional good ball like Hendersen/Walker.

Though Im not much of a fan of Walker in that position either. Id have Cahill in the centre with Stones/Maguire allowed a little more freedom.

If we're going to talk about players that slow things down - just when they need to do the opposite -how about Walker. Drives me crazy the way he regularly pulls up, looks around, ignores Trippier then pays the safe pass sideways or back to the keeper.
I am ok with the defense recycling possession rather than playing a low percentage ball, it appears to be by design when the defenders do it, moving the ball side to side looking for gaps, with Henderson you want him playing that ball but he is unable to.

All IMO obviously,

Agree with all of that but the last line. I certainly wouldn't be starting a midfielder without vision - especially not in a team struggling to create as much as England is.

Back