• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Group G (Belgium, Panama, Tunisia, England)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d favour Rose too, but England are a set piece team and Young is arguably better at winning FK’s, I see why Southgate likes him.

Rose win's his fair share of free kicks, they tend to be wider and further up the field that Young's as he goes outside and Young cuts in. Plus him and Trippier know each other from Spurs so should have a good understanding of when each of them will be going forwards.

Rose win's his fair share of free kicks, they tend to be wider and further up the field that Young's as he goes outside and Young cuts in. Plus him and Trippier know each other from Spurs so should have a good understanding of when each of them will be going forwards.
Given his current performance, I find it hard to imagine a situation where I'd want Trippier staying back.

Has Rose played in many matches with Trippier? He's been injured/at Burger King for most of his ascendance hasn't he?

Given his current performance, I find it hard to imagine a situation where I'd want Trippier staying back.

Has Rose played in many matches with Trippier? He's been injured/at Burger King for most of his ascendance hasn't he?

There will be times when the other FB pushes up, having the understanding will help. I don't think they've played many games together but they have played some and obviously train together every day (along with Alli and Kane who will also start).

Young is a complete liability in attack, in so much as he offers nothing at all - and often slows things down.

I dont really care if he is "supposed" to be attacking or not, fact is in his two games he got into very advanced positions many times and did fudge all with it. The lack of a left footer in that area was a glaring issue with the team.

Rose is entirely capable of playing a more restrained game, if that is really what is required, and his being naturally left sided would make an enormous difference.

Similar of Delph, who has the advantage of already having a working game with Sterling, might be if Sterling starts Delph should be there to help get the best out of him.

Either way, I wouldnt even think of starting Young.

Young is a complete liability in attack, in so much as he offers nothing at all - and often slows things down.

I dont really care if he is "supposed" to be attacking or not, fact is in his two games he got into very advanced positions many times and did fudge all with it. The lack of a left footer in that area was a glaring issue with the team.

Rose is entirely capable of playing a more restrained game, if that is really what is required, and his being naturally left sided would make an enormous difference.

Similar of Delph, who has the advantage of already having a working game with Sterling, might be if Sterling starts Delph should be there to help get the best out of him.

Either way, I wouldnt even think of starting Young.

Don't forget his tendency to give away a foul (when not wearing his United shirt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back