• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Group G (Belgium, Panama, Tunisia, England)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again that’s not true... his assist stats for that killer ball are brick

He can pass I agree but it’s not effective

We have had this conversation before :) Maybe he has not had the forwards to finish those killer balls off, with Kane in front of him those killer balls may pay off.

We have had this conversation before :) Maybe he has not had the forwards to finish those killer balls off, with Kane in front of him those killer balls may pay off.

True

I’m all for having a more creative player in there but we are creating plenty at the moment

True

I’m all for having a more creative player in there but we are creating plenty at the moment

True but then again we have not really faced anyone that good so far, Belgium may have caused us problems with their first team. I guess we will have to see how far we get and how well we do, i must admit i have been given more hope for progress then i thought we had. The first couple games i could see a plan but i guess we will see.

True but then again we have not really faced anyone that good so far, Belgium may have caused us problems with their first team. I guess we will have to see how far we get and how well we do, i must admit i have been given more hope for progress then i thought we had. The first couple games i could see a plan but i guess we will see.

Rose to sort the left side and maybe bring in Rashford and were there now

Loftus-Cheek needs elite coaching and to hohn his frame - similar to how Kane did his. There is a player there but he is raw. Alli all day right now. Rose was playing well until the goal where he got done (Delph was slack too) and sadly, that is a moment we cannot afford, so for me, as dirty as I feel saying this, Young starts. What I would say is both would be great to bring on for dynamics if we are under it. Otherwise Southgate knows. With regards to Dier, he was unlucky. Give him that attack and he would find passes all day...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Deliberate or not, I can’t help feel we now have more pressure on us than might otherwise have been the case in terms of expectation.
If we can reach the QFS that will be a great success for me. Anything beyond that is a fantastic bonus.

I thought Dele, being named on the bench (so presumably fit enough he), might have had a run out last night, even if only for 15 mins or so, given that he has really only played 45 minutes at full pace.

Loftus-Cheek needs elite coaching and to hohn his frame - similar to how Kane did his. There is a player there but he is raw. Alli all day right now. Rose was playing well until the goal where he got done (Delph was slack too) and sadly, that is a moment we cannot afford, so for me, as dirty as I feel saying this, Young starts. What I would say is both would be great to bring on for dynamics if we are under it. Otherwise Southgate knows. With regards to Dier, he was unlucky. Give him that attack and he would find passes all day...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Young lost over half his defensive actions against Tunisia... rose was our best player against Belgium (all be it a weakened side)

Young is susceptible to a ball over the top or outside as he has no left foot

I know Ross was the man opposite the scorer yesterday but it was a great finish and he had his own midfielder stop (delph)

You hit the tickle my balls with a feather though with the Dier comment and imo it’s the same for anyone.., judge them with the better players in a settled team. It reminded me of our thrown together cuobsudes that are all miles better than the opposition but can’t string two passes together

Young lost over half his defensive actions against Tunisia... rose was our best player against Belgium (all be it a weakened side)

Young is susceptible to a ball over the top or outside as he has no left foot

I know Ross was the man opposite the scorer yesterday but it was a great finish and he had his own midfielder stop (delph)

You hit the tickle my balls with a feather though with the Dier comment and imo it’s the same for anyone.., judge them with the better players in a settled team. It reminded me of our thrown together cuobsudes that are all miles better than the opposition but can’t string two passes together

Yesterday was such a makeshift team that I hardly think it’s fair to judge anyone (agreeing with you). There’s no way in any game that vaguely mattered that yesterday’s starting 11 would have all featured together. I’m not convinced such wholesale changes were necessary, but if we can get past Colombia (not easy) then all will be forgotten.

I only noticed today that Jack Wheelchair has somehow time warped back to 1990 and appeared in New Order's "E for England". 3:04 into the video.

Even with the goal against Belgium against him, I'm struggling to see how Young is a better left back option than Rose. He has no left foot FFS and is playing in a world cup as a left back. We're unbalanced and frankly ineffective on one side.

Even with the goal against Belgium against him, I'm struggling to see how Young is a better left back option than Rose. He has no left foot FFS and is playing in a world cup as a left back. We're unbalanced and frankly ineffective on one side.
Young's job is to defend whilst Trippier rjps the place up.

He'll do that as well as Rose but without the brainfarts or the attitude.

Young's job is to defend whilst Trippier rjps the place up.

He'll do that as well as Rose but without the brainfarts or the attitude.

The same attitude and brainfarts, that saw him consistently be the best left back in the league, for 2015/6 & 2016/17 seasons. Granted this season he fudged things up but hes back to full fitness now and looks sharp to me.

I’d favour Rose too, but England are a set piece team and Young is arguably better at winning FK’s, I see why Southgate likes him.

The same attitude and brainfarts, that saw him consistently be the best left back in the league, for 2015/6 & 2016/17 seasons. Granted this season he fudged things up but hes back to full fitness now and looks sharp to me.
If you need an attacking full back, yes.

I think Southgate has us set up to attack down one side and not overload when pushing forward. He seems to be using the space there to allow Lingard/Alli to use width and create more space in the middle for a defender (Maguire) to push up.

If he's only using one full back to attack then there's no contest between Rose and Trippier. That means our left back has to be better at defending first and foremost - I certainly wouldn't choose Rose for that role.

If you need an attacking full back, yes.

I think Southgate has us set up to attack down one side and not overload when pushing forward. He seems to be using the space there to allow Lingard/Alli to use width and create more space in the middle for a defender (Maguire) to push up.

If he's only using one full back to attack then there's no contest between Rose and Trippier. That means our left back has to be better at defending first and foremost - I certainly wouldn't choose Rose for that role.
Young a good defender?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back