• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Group E (Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia)

It was always going to be a tall order to beat Brazil, especially given they would well be out if they lost. Good performance though and could have had a goal or two. Advancing to the knockout round was lost in the game against Alban... er, I mean Switzerland. One lapse of concentration and that's the tournament over. Future is bright, though, for this Serbian team.

Atrocious decisions at the end of the Swiss game, ref needs investigating! 2 pen decisions in injury time for CR. Neither were anything like pens, issue with VAR on pens yet again I’m afraid.

This is turning into the most unpredictable WC I can remember, with Germany out, Argentina lucky and basically none of the big teams looking very champion like. France and Spain have been unconvincing and Brazil can easily go out tonight too.

Of course once the knockout stages commence, the big teams still in it will likely improve, but I can see several more upsets in this WC. So far, Croatia for me is the dark horse. They've looked really good. Then there are question marks with Belgium and England - how good are they?

Looking forward to the rest of the WC now. Could this be the year we get a new team lifting the trophy, just like Leicester's PL win?
I really hope a new team raises the trophy - but I have a feeling VAR might interfere with that

Brazil seems to be improving as they did well to beat Serbia comfortably. But not sure if winning their group will help Brazil as it puts them in the difficult part of the draw as Uruguay, Portugal, France and Argentina are in the same half of the knockout stages as them. Really annoyed with Serbia. As usual, they came with big reputation but are now going back after the group stage having failed to play to their full potential yet again. Losing to Switzerland after scoring first have cost Serbia dearly.

Switzerland have done well to progress to Second Round despite only drawing with Costa Rica. But really hate the way their Albanian players celebrated after scoring against Serbia. Those players should have been banned from this World Cup instead of getting away with fines. Always had soft spot for Switzerland before this but will find it hard to support them in the next round due to their Albanian players now.

Brazil seems to be improving as they did well to beat Serbia comfortably. But not sure if winning their group will help Brazil as it puts them in the difficult part of the draw as Uruguay, Portugal, France and Argentina are in the same half of the knockout stages as them. Really annoyed with Serbia. As usual, they came with big reputation but are now going back after the group stage having failed to play to their full potential yet again. Losing to Switzerland after scoring first have cost Serbia dearly.

Switzerland have done well to progress to Second Round despite only drawing with Costa Rica. But really hate the way their Albanian players celebrated after scoring against Serbia. Those players should have been banned from this World Cup instead of getting away with fines. Always had soft spot for Switzerland before this but will find it hard to support them in the next round due to their Albanian players now.
Apparently the Serbs were chanting kill Albanians in the stands? I’ve no idea, i don’t speak Serb, but seems like a hand gesture is a small comeback against that?

Apparently the Serbs were chanting kill Albanians in the stands? I’ve no idea, i don’t speak Serb, but seems like a hand gesture is a small comeback against that?

I think it was after being provoked by the Albanians. Even before the match, the Albanian player proudly announced that he will be wearing shoes with both Switzerland and Albanian flags. Thought displaying any political messages was banned in football. Not sure how this was allowed.

Back