• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Group C (France, Australia, Peru, Denmark)

Why are players continually allowed to pick up the ball with their hands when the play has stopped? It's so bloody annoying that players keep getting away with it. Should be a yellow every time. It's so easy to enforce, and it would get rid of at least 95% of these incidents.

said in the VAR thread different countries have different interpretation Sid Lowe on his Spanish football podcast explained over there its almost always hand ball when it hits your hand regardless of intent.

Would be gutted if given against us.

Fair enough that there is local variations, I’m starting to think they should just make it as simple as that.

Fair enough that there is local variations, I’m starting to think they should just make it as simple as that.
I think it would lead to players kicking at players arms rather than shooting / attacking - we a fudging cynical when we want to be.

Yeah it would, would that be any worse than the current state of things?
for me yes - similarly people who want to do away with penalties and have corner count don't realize we will give the ball to Sissoko and spend half the game playing for corners (*its the real reason we bought him)

Deschamps is such a poor manager! They are playing at level so far below the ability of the individual players and that’s down to the manager, he’s been there long enough now to have them playing the way he wants.

I've counted them, 22 games played to date.

1-0 = 10 so far.
1-1 = 3
2-1 = 4

5 games have finished with a higher scoring win (4) or draw (1).

One fudging nil. When did Gooner George Graham take over world football?

France really not looking good, and for all their subs thay know it isn't going to improve. They lack someone like Sissoko.

Tee hee.

There is a strange trend in this World Cup. Teams who score early goals go on to struggle for the rest of the match, instead of dominating. Denmark is the latest team with this trend. Well done to Eriksen for scoring the brilliant goal but strangely Denmark and Eriksen went missing for the rest of the match. Australia did well to come back and draw the match and were unlucky not to win it. Looking at the well-taken goal by Eriksen, really thought he could score 2 or 3 goals in this match but it was not to be.

It was another unconvincing performance by France to beat Peru. Despite having all the star players, France have struggled in both their matches. Feel sorry for Peru who are now out of the WC after losing both their matches 1-0. Peru again played well but failed to make use of their chances. This was Peru's first WC since 1982. So, it would have been nice if they had progress to the Second Round. Maybe they can do better against Australia to make this WC more memorable for them. Funny that there is a Peru model who promised she will go topless for every Peru goal scored but unfortunately Peru couldn't score !

France and Denmark have not looked very convincing in their matches so far. Wonder how they will play when they meet each other to decide who win their group. As it is, the group winners will get tougher team in Second Round, either Nigeria or Argentina while the group runners-up will play Croatia. It will be interesting to see if either of them deliberated try to lose this match to get into easier part of the knockout stages.

Australia still have a chance to finish in second place if they beat Peru and Denmark lose heavily to France. But want Peru to score at least 1 goal as this is their first World Cup since 1982. Peru's fans seems very passionate and it will be disappointing if they don't do score any goals to remember in this World Cup.

Well, you got your Peru wish.

As for France and Denmark, it looks like we are heading for the first nil-nil of the world cup.* I don't think it is two great teams cancelling each other out.

*Written after 80 minutes. Hopefully someone will do something to prove me wrong.

Well, you got your Peru wish.

As for France and Denmark, it looks like we are heading for the first nil-nil of the world cup.* I don't think it is two great teams cancelling each other out.

*Written after 80 minutes. Hopefully someone will do something to prove me wrong.

Snooze fest.

Anyone who thinks the tougher team finished second in the group these play is nuts....
Croatia have the best midfield in the competition and will make quarters at least IMO

Nigeria are a bit bonkers and erratic and Argentina are a team in dissaray

Back