• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Group C (France, Australia, Peru, Denmark)

Peru's right winger (no 19?) looks really good. Quick, technical, good shot, eye for a pass...sign him up?

Oooh, big chance Eriksen!

Correct, under 700 in attendance today.

I really dont know the answer, why so few have travelled.

Most danes do not seem to care that much about the national team as they did 15-20 years ago.

Ok, cheers. I lived in Denmark back in 2012, and everyone, it seemed, were really up for the Euros back then, gathering to watch in squares/pubs etc. I saw Portugal vs Denmark in Aarhus city square and it was just madness. :p
But oh well. It's far away, of course, and Russia is perhaps not the most enticing of destinations.

Peru will cause France some trouble, IMO. I can see a possible upset there - with a french loss and a Denmark win against the aussies, we have ourselves a nice little group of death. Peru, France, Denmark all on six points at the end?

Many pundits think France are favourites to win the WC but they badly struggled to beat Australia. Both their goals were very fortunate and Australia could have beaten them if they had more quality. France is a bit like England. Both have won the WC at their home but have been shyte for most of the time apart from that despite being favourites in every WC. Looking at the way they lost Euro 2016 final to Portugal at home, not sure this France team have the mental strength to win the WC.

Feel a bit sorry to see Peru losing to Denmark. Reports say many Peru fans sold off their properties and resigned from their jobs just to see their team play in the WC for the first time since 1982. That is what true passion for football is all about ! But looking at how naive Peru was against Denmark, can understand why some Peru fans are worried Peru might not qualify for another WC in their lifetime. Peru dominated the match and had many chances to score but they were trying to walk the ball into the net instead of shooting. Eriksen did well to assist Denmark's goal but he also wasted a freekick from a dangerous position.

Last edited:
France, for all their talent, were uninspired and well off the pace.

Australia were pretty well what you expect them to be, plucky triers.

Denmark similar, they were basically as expected.

Peru are fast becoming everyones second team I suspect, love their set up and approach to games.

regular.jpg

that is not a penalty, no way it was intentional
said in the VAR thread different countries have different interpretation Sid Lowe on his Spanish football podcast explained over there its almost always hand ball when it hits your hand regardless of intent.

Would be gutted if given against us.

I've been impressed with Australia in both their games. They don't have the best players, but they are well drilled in that system. Lots of good movement, full backs timing their runs well and disciplined passing from the back.

Australia are actually playing some nice stuff... They just need an attacking focal point to help the menacing Matthew Leckie.

Back