• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Group B (Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Iran)

It might be too early but that has to be in contention already for game of the tournament. The obvious rivalry and the early goal helped but the standard was a total cut above what we’ve seen so far.
I do love Ronaldo. I know he’s a bit of a prima Donna. But he’s such a sublime player, I love watching him. 100% ( or maybe four hundred percent) focus on everything he does, a totally driven professional.

He's not a Scouser

I never said he was a scouser. I said he had/has a scouse accent. The accent is not confined to Liverpool, variations of it can be heard in neighbouring regions.

Scouse (/skaʊs/; also, in academic sources, called Liverpool English[1] or Merseyside English)[2][3][4] is an accent and dialect of English found primarily in the Metropolitan county of Merseyside, and closely associated with the city of Liverpool. The accent extends through Birkenhead and all along the North Wales coast, from Flintshire and Wrexhamwhere it is strongest in Wales, to as far west as Prestatyn, Rhyl, Colwyn Bay, Penmaenmawr and Bangor where the surrounding accents have a distinct overlap between Welsh and Scouse English. In some cases Scouse can also be heard in Runcornand Widnes in Cheshire and Skelmersdale in Lancashire.

Murphy was born in Chester which is very close to the border of Merseyside.

I never said he was a scouser. I said he had/has a scouse accent. The accent is not confined to Liverpool, variations of it can be heard in neighbouring regions.

Scouse (/skaʊs/; also, in academic sources, called Liverpool English[1] or Merseyside English)[2][3][4] is an accent and dialect of English found primarily in the Metropolitan county of Merseyside, and closely associated with the city of Liverpool. The accent extends through Birkenhead and all along the North Wales coast, from Flintshire and Wrexhamwhere it is strongest in Wales, to as far west as Prestatyn, Rhyl, Colwyn Bay, Penmaenmawr and Bangor where the surrounding accents have a distinct overlap between Welsh and Scouse English. In some cases Scouse can also be heard in Runcornand Widnes in Cheshire and Skelmersdale in Lancashire.

Murphy was born in Chester which is very close to the border of Merseyside.

I don't recall him ever having a Scouse accent though

Danny Murphy was a cretin as usual
On Isco:

"...I've only seen him play a few times..."

WTF? You're paid to talk about football, he's one of the world's top players, plays for one of the world's top teams both domestically and internationally and you've only seen him a few times?

I don't really watch Spanish football much anymore and I've still seen him a lot more than a few times.

That game was pure Beauty and the Beast

And Ronaldo is showing why he is the best in the world as he drags his team with him... imagine if they had players who were quality with him

Iran beating Morocco is the first upset of the World Cup so far. Don't think anyone expected Morocco to lose. It is not really a good advert for African football with both Egypt and Morocco losing so far.

Portugal V Spain was an entertaining match. Portugal did well to force Spain draw 3-3. But thought Portugal were really poor apart from the hattrick by Ronaldo. Even 2 of Ronaldo's goals were fortunare as it was a soft penalty for the first goal and Spain goalie De Gea made a big blunder for the second goal. But it was a brilliant freekick by Ronaldo for the third goal. It is promising to see 4 goals-of-the-tournament contenders in the 4 matches so far, 2 by Russia, 1 by Spain and the Ronaldo freekick for Portugal.

That game was pure Beauty and the Beast

And Ronaldo is showing why he is the best in the world as he drags his team with him... imagine if they had players who were quality with him

I wonder whether his cryptic comments after the CL final had something to do with the WC - likely his last shot at it. Judging from his effort and performance last night, maybe he plans on dragging Portugal to a WC win, the last major trophy he hasn’t won, and then retire?

His teammates are surely not good enough though. If he pulls off that, it will be up there with the very best individual WC performances ever - possibly the best. Which I'm sure will suit him and his ego nicely.

I wonder whether his cryptic comments after the CL final had something to do with the WC - likely his last shot at it. Judging from his effort and performance last night, maybe he plans on dragging Portugal to a WC win, the last major trophy he hasn’t won, and then retire?

His teammates are surely not good enough though. If he pulls off that, it will be up there with the very best individual WC performances ever - possibly the best. Which I'm sure will suit him and his ego nicely.

If he pulls that off it’s greater than Argentina in 86 by some way IMO

Portugal have players who play in china

Morocco thoroughly outplaying the Ronaldo Team. Unlucky to be going in a goal down, denied a stonewall penalty too..

Back