• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Final: France vs Croatia

Which means VAR has been a good thing, because it will force some rethinking of the rules.
That is a good point. The rules are easy enough to read and understand, but difficult to apply correctly irl. Perhaps a more black/white approach, like in handball (the sport) would be better.

So all us refs are wrong, and you guys are right. I get it. Next time I need some professionals, I'll just ask you guys. :D

Well I’ve seen plenty of refs be wrong... hence why they want VAR... but what VAR actually means is Very Average Refs

It’s why lots of ex pros say you need to have played the game to understand it and why most refs were never good enough to play the game

VAR is just a replay ‘the Referee’ is still the decision maker and in this particular incidence just wrong.
Nothing to with to do VAR.

Incorrect.... it’s a multi angle slow motion replay

It completely changes but the refs perspective and doesn’t give him his natural view

Well I’ve seen plenty of refs be wrong... hence why they want VAR... but what VAR actually means is Very Average Refs

It’s why lots of ex pros say you need to have played the game to understand it and why most refs were never good enough to play the game

Some of the most prominent players now have regular jobs on tv or writing columns and they spout nothing but complete rubbish about this game they played at the highest level.

Some of the most prominent players now have regular jobs on tv or writing columns and they spout nothing but complete rubbish about this game they played at the highest level.

True... but they have to say something to earn the £££

Now we have refs doing it too

He got it right. We're 4 refs sitting here watching, and all agree it's a pen, so did the 4 professor in the VAR room, and the world cup final referee. But I guess it's the non-professionals that are right then, and all us professionals that have no clue.
You can't give a ?penalty for that ..not deliberate..player in front had his head to it..so no way can that player tell where the ball would be.
So we have a cheating dive and a penalty that wasn't,
Sorry have to be dogmatic about this and it is a World Cup final.French players putting pressure on ref .lol
half who would not have even seen it clearly!

Incorrect.... it’s a multi angle slow motion replay

It completely changes but the refs perspective and doesn’t give him his natural view

His natural view meant the incident was obscured the bodies of players. VAR exists to help out in such cases.

Back