• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Work/Internet

DeanoAustin

Christian Ziege
Just wondered how much time people spend in t'internet when they should be working.

Today, for instance, I've spent about 80% of my time surfing rubbish. I'm in a job that bores the pants off me but they pay me well for what I do. In my last job, I didn't have time to think so literally didn't get time to get on the net all day.

It's a good situation in some ways but starting to do my head in.

So, I'm curious how much of their working day others spend on the internet when they shouldn't be?

I'll answer this later when I get time.. right now i'm in the middle of checking my Hotmail, chatting to the mrs on Facebook and googling holidays ;)

I'll answer this later when I get time.. right now i'm in the middle of checking my Hotmail, chatting to the mrs on Facebook and googling holidays ;)

THIS (+ looking at pointless crap on GG and some MSN articles that I have read, but i have no idea what they said)

Most organisations have internet useage programmes,they can tell who uses the internet the most,and what sites you go on.....though your It/HR department won't tell you this till you go on somewhere you shouldn't.

Most organisations have internet useage programmes,they can tell who uses the internet the most,and what sites you go on.....though your It/HR department won't tell you this till you go on somewhere you shouldn't.

If that's true then I'll be posting from home or the dole office by the end of the week.

I'm sure the records are there but I don't believe they are monitored until someone accesses something they really shouldn't.

the problem with the net, is there is a lot of it:) another problem is surfing on modern smart phones is pretty much as good as your laptop/desktop/tablet. so you're fiddling around with it at all hours and never short of new sh*t to look at.

it does get in the way of work, it is so easy to not get on with the important stuff and just surf around randomly. That said, most of the time i am on it has only been transferred from time i spent watching tv (which is officially sh*t, except sport). I am now just waiting for the internet to become officially sh*t (it's getting there with facebook, twitter etc), to be able to fully reclaim my life.

So busy I barely have time to think in the day let alone browse the net though once I have completed a big task usually allow myself a few minutes to browse BBC.

Do also look at sites on my phone throughout the day time permitting.

So busy I barely have time to think in the day let alone browse the net though once I have completed a big task usually allow myself a few minutes to browse BBC.

Do also look at sites on my phone throughout the day time permitting.

Same for me

I reckon the reason every cubicle is always busy nowadays is because everyone sits in them on their phone. Apparently some survery was done recently and over 40% of people sit on the loo on their smartphones.

I go to work at 7am and finish at 5 sometimes earlier - I kind of work where and when I want as long as I finish my work. I also manage which means im constantly on phone etc which is a pain. So I go on the net and surf a lot of brick but I also do far more than my contractual hours.

I don't get the time to surf during work, although will break out my phone whilst at lunch.

Used to spend 50/50 in my last job as was slow and boring, but don't miss it as just ended up either spending money or looking at things I eventually spent money on :)

I reckon the reason every cubicle is always busy nowadays is because everyone sits in them on their phone. Apparently some survery was done recently and over 40% of people sit on the loo on their smartphones.
That's me for sure. Spend 10 minutes on the loo - 3 minutes doing my business and the rest to browse BBC news, football forums and random articles

Back