• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Women's world cup

England have got a real test ahead of them on Tuesday. This US side is excellent.

Earlier on, One of the keepers just waited til everyone pushed up and then drop kicked it right up into the opposition half. I dont know why but it was quite refreshing to see after a few years of watching keepers playing out from the back.

Not saying it was good or bad just enjoyed seeing the variation. Would be interesting to see the odd team in the PL launch a few up there every now and then

It's the same thing we tend to do, only we just waste more time doing it by playing it short at the back, trying to move up the pitch, then getting pressured, playing it back, further back, back to Lloris who hoofs it up ... and we've lost the ball. :p

I kid, of course! :p

It was the right decision. Her arms were in a natural position.

I agree was never a penalty, neither were the rest that were given. Teams got eliminated cause of it. Japan the other night in the last minute after battering Holland all game for example.

I'm enjoying it, I do think the goals should be smaller. The difference in physicality from the men's game makes for a nice change of pace, there tends to be more one on one battle's in the the women's games and technically gifted attacking players can shine due to there being that bit more room. Keepers are better than before, though I don't know why they don't recruit girls that play netball/basketball and train them up for the height advantage, either way by the time my 7 month old is 16/17 like it or not the game will only be much bigger than it is now so as soon as she starts walking the training begins.

The men's goals should be bigger. That article posted earlier points out that women now are approximately the same height as men born when the football rules were formulated and the size of the goal decided.

I agree was never a penalty, neither were the rest that were given. Teams got eliminated cause of it. Japan the other night in the last minute after battering Holland all game for example.

I'm enjoying it, I do think the goals should be smaller. The difference in physicality from the men's game makes for a nice change of pace, there tends to be more one on one battle's in the the women's games and technically gifted attacking players can shine due to there being that bit more room. Keepers are better than before, though I don't know why they don't recruit girls that play netball/basketball and train them up for the height advantage, either way by the time my 7 month old is 16/17 like it or not the game will only be much bigger than it is now so as soon as she starts walking the training begins.

I really don't think that there is a problem with the goal sized. Apart from some of the group stage games, we're not seeing cricket scores. I think that the gulf in quality in some of those group stage games is down to money and coaching.

The US will spank us on Tuesday
Defensively England were shocking on Thursday night, the US are deadly going forward

It certainly isn't flimflam. Goalies are horrendous. I'm being serious with the dimensions. Make it smaller and stop comparing it with mens football. Women aren't men. Play women's football that matches their capabilities. Why the question about why women get paid less than men's football is still out there is ridiculous. The same should be with golf and the length of the course. Make them shorter for women.
Women do play shorter holes on golf courses.

The US will spank us on Tuesday
Defensively England were shocking on Thursday night, the US are deadly going forward

I think that they will too. England are a good team but we have a tendency to switch off, the US are an excellent side.

It is great that the English game has come so far in the last ten years or so. We deserve to be in the last four.

For all of the criticism from some on here, this is amongst the best English football sides in most of our lifetimes.

Probably because the standard isn't that good so there's less chances? Some of the shooting I've seen has been laughable. But the majority of the goals I've seen could have been dealt with better.

The standard is very high. They are technically proficient players, playing attacking, one touch football. There are plenty of shots from distance. The reason there aren't high scores is because they are good and evenly matched.

Back