• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Women's world cup

Standard of play is still low. Almost all the teams have been unconvincing. Americans have been consistent and still look like the favourites to win the tournament.

Norway leading 1-0 at half time against Australia. Excellent goal by our ladies! Graham Hansen is a piece of work, silky player.

Norwegian football supporters have found something to get lairy about!

Women's football is not something new to Norway. Norway won the Women's World Cup in 1995 and the gold in Women's football at the Olympics in 2000. But their football went down after that.

Women's football is not something new to Norway. Norway won the Women's World Cup in 1995 and the gold in Women's football at the Olympics in 2000. But their football went down after that.
I was always losing the adapters too, pain in the arse.

Norwegian football supporters have found something to get lairy about!
Nah. Not really. I think they have been poor but lucky so far. But better lucky than good. And they're doing it without the Ballon d'or winner. (Who I think is possibly the most overhyped female footballer. I'm Yet to see Ada Hegeberg actually play a good game)

I think it's more that other nations became a lot better. Norway (with its 5 million inhabitants) really shouldn't be the best in the world at football. :p

I think it's more that other nations became a lot better. Norway (with its 5 million inhabitants) really shouldn't be the best in the world at football. :p

It's all about finding that niche sport that hardly anyone else competes in. Now that football for women is taking off world wide it's time to find something else. I'm surprised we haven't done better in women's ice hockey.

Cameroon are loving the VAR at the moment

Not really sure why they keep pointing at the screens when the screens are presumably showing that the right decisions have been reached...

Interesting to see if anything comes of their behavior, allegedly declaring the decisions were reached as they were due to racism in the tunnel. It's a shame it's gone that way.

We have to get used to this allowing play to continue and then raising the offside flag. It's disconcerting and a big change, which will see goals ruled out when in the past they would have been called before the shot.

A Cameroon player violently shoved the referee out of the way. That should be a red. Unfortunately the referee has lost control. This game could get nasty.

Not really sure why they keep pointing at the screens when the screens are presumably showing that the right decisions have been reached...

Interesting to see if anything comes of their behavior, allegedly declaring the decisions were reached as they were due to racism in the tunnel. It's a shame it's gone that way.
The coach isn't helping much.

In fairness to them, the VAR that ruled theirs as offside is a bit iffy for me, when it's that fractional, you get into frame rates and exact points of the ball being kicked etc. We're a long way from daylight between the two these days.

It's all about finding that niche sport that hardly anyone else competes in. Now that football for women is taking off world wide it's time to find something else. I'm surprised we haven't done better in women's ice hockey.

The same reason we're doing poorly in men's ice hockey - there are almost no places to play it (properly)! :p I think we'll just keep pumping cash into cross country skiing, it's the ONE thing in this world we're better at than Sweden, it'll keep people happy for a while. :p

Back